The error message – This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing software – can easily occur when installing or updating drivers for the built-in video card in a Windows operating system. In this article, you will learn why this problem occurs and how it can be resolved in various ways.
Do you see the error message “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements” when you update your Intel HD graphics card? This problem usually occurs when you try to install the latest video card directly from the installer executable. There is a very simple solution to this problem on your computer. Follow our instructions to solve the problem.
When you try to update or install the Intel graphics drivers for your PC’s built-in GPU, you will probably see an error message This computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for installing the software.
What causes the “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements” error?
In order to better evaluate the error message, we have reviewed several user reviews and listed a number of different reasons, which are listed below.
The graphics card is disabled in the BIOS settings: The error message appears when an external graphics card is connected to the system. In this case, some motherboards automatically disable the video card built into the chipset. However, having an external graphics card is only a possibility, not a certain scenario.
Incorrect driver: Another reason for this error message could be the implementation of a completely wrong driver. This means that the driver you are trying to install on your system is different from the driver for your graphics card.
Incorrect operating system version: If you do not already know it, each version of the Windows operating system has a different driver specifically designed for that version of the Windows operating system. For example, if you are using Windows 10 and the driver you downloaded is designed for Windows 7 or 8, it is very likely that a similar error will occur in that case. Another thing to consider is the architecture of your operating system. For example, you won’t be able to install the 32-bit version of the driver on a 64-bit operating system.
Fix the “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements” error
Updating drivers with third-party software
When it comes to keeping your system up to date, third-party software is one of the best tools. It’s an all-in-one solution that first scans your computer for missing, broken or outdated drivers and then downloads and installs them. With Driverfix, you have access to a huge driver database with over 18 million driver files available for download.
In addition, installation requirements are very low, and the software is designed to be as simple as possible. So don’t worry if your computer is a little older.
Checking for Windows Updates
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Updates and Security.
- Click Windows Updates.
- Review the available updates and install them. Updates may be installed in batches and may require you to reboot your computer multiple times.
- After installing all available updates, check to see if the error repeats.
- If the problem persists, try the other possible solutions listed below.
Update your graphics card using the Device Manager
- Press the Windows + R keys to open “Run”.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- In the Device Manager window, expand Display Adapters.
- Right-click Intel HD Graphics and select Update Driver.
- Check the option Automatically check for the latest driver software.
- Windows will search for and install a newer driver version.
- Restart the computer after installation and check for improvements.
Manually install the Intel graphics driver
- Press the Windows + R keys to open “Run”.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click Action and select Add Old Hardware.
- Click Next.
- Next, select Install Hardware, which I selected manually from the list (Advanced).
- Scroll down and select Display Adapters and click Next.
- Under Manufacturer, select Intel Corporation.
- If you know the model and version of Intel HD Graphics, select the model in the right pane under Model. Windows will then immediately install the necessary drivers for the graphics card.
- If you don’t know the Intel graphics card version, click the “Have Disk” button.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the Intel graphics driver.
- Select the autorun.inf file in the main installation folder and click Open. This will allow you to install the Intel graphics driver without errors.
- When prompted, select your Intel HD graphics card model and click Next.
- If you are not familiar with the Intel graphics model, select Intel HD Graphics and click Next.
- After the driver is installed, restart your PC to complete the installation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Update your drivers with Driverfix. When it comes to keeping your system up to date, Driverfix is one of the best tools available.
- Check for Windows updates.
- Update your graphics card through Device Manager.
- Install the Intel graphics driver manually.
- Make sure that Direct Access clients have received their group policy settings.
- Make sure the client knows it is not on the internal network.
- Make sure the NRPT settings on the DirectAccess client.
- Make sure the IPv6 address on the DirectAccess client.
- Make sure the authentication for the DirectAccess tunnels.
If your computer or laptop does not meet the minimum system requirements, the game will not start or the game will open. Games are mostly driven by Ram, GPU, and CPU if your laptop does not meet the minimum gaming requirements. It keeps charging, and even when it is fully charged, it still lags.
The error message appears for several reasons: Your system has an external graphics card. Some motherboards disable the processor's built-in graphics chipset when you install an external graphics card; check to see if the Intel graphics chipset is visible in Device Manager.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.