Some Firefox users report a SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error when opening a web page in Firefox or Opera. The SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Firefox or Opera has nothing to do with security settings and is not related to the web browser.
The SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error occurs because the device time and date settings are incorrect. Firefox will generate the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error if the date and time settings are not set correctly. In this article, I will show you how to easily fix the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Firefox and Opera web browsers.
Secure connection failed
An error occurred while connecting to. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a future date). Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because the authenticity of the data received cannot be verified. Please contact the site operators to let them know about this problem.
What is causing the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Firefox?
The error code SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE occurs when Firefox users try to access certain files that contain CSS elements. It appears that the problem often occurs with secure (HTTPS) websites.
If you are using a version of Firefox older than version 47, the problem is most likely due to a bug in Mozilla Firefox that affects some CSS elements. In this case, you can solve the problem by updating your browser to the latest version.
It turns out that the problem is much more common with Firefox version v47 or lower. It turns out that the problem may be caused by a bug in Mozilla Firefox that affects the rendering of some CSS elements. Fortunately, Mozilla has already fixed the problem with a patch that was released in version 51.
If you are already using the latest version of Firefox, check if the date and time are out of date. And if you update them to the correct value, but the change does not persist between reboots, you should replace your CMOS battery with a healthy equivalent.
However, if you are trying to visit a site with legitimate OCSP concerns, the only way to access it without encountering the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error is to disable OCSP checks.
To fix the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Firefox
Switch to another browser
If you’re having persistent problems opening web pages in Firefox, consider switching to a different browser. Given the impressive functionality of the browser core, we don’t think you’ll have the same problems using it.
The amazing features of the third-party browser will surpass many popular plug-ins, including Chrome or Mozilla. Pop-up video, built-in VPN, and built-in messenger are some of the best third-party browser add-ons.
With a built-in ad blocker, your web pages will load faster and you won’t have to worry about unnecessary ads or images. The third-party browser also includes various built-in modules such as task development, battery charging, tab management, etc. in an easy-to-use interface. The latest third-party browser design is great, intuitive, and very customizable.
- Open Firefox.
- Click Open Firefox menu.
- Click Help to open other menu options.
- Select the About Firefox option.
- Click Reload to update Firefox.
Check the time and date in Windows 10
- Click on the taskbar clock on the right side of the taskbar.
- Press the Windows + S key combination.
- Enter the keyword time in the search box.
- Click Change date and time to open the Preferences window.
- Enable the Set time automatically option.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
- Click the Edit button to manually adjust the time and date settings.
- Click the Edit button and restart Windows.
Note: You may need to replace the CMOS battery in your computer if the date and time in Windows keep changing. This can be done by removing the old CMOS from the motherboard, but some users prefer to take their computers to a computer repair service to replace the CMOS battery.
To disable the OCSP check
- Start Firefox.
- Click on the Preferences menu and select Preferences.
- On the left side of the tab, click Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down to Query OCSP Response Server to confirm the current certification.
- Uncheck the Query OCSP Response Server checkbox.
- Close Firefox and restart it.
If you follow these steps, you can completely fix the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Mozilla Firefox.
Frequently Asked Questions
- In the Tools menu, click the Options -> Advanced tab.
- Click the Encryption tab.
- Click the View Certificates button.
- Click the Servers tab.
- In the Certificate Name column, find the z/OSMF CertAuth section.
- Select the certificate files in the z/OSMF section and click Delete.
- Click OK.
- Your antivirus program might have blocked access to firefox.exe. Check your antivirus software's log and quarantine.
- You don't have permission to run the firefox.exe file. Change the permissions for the file.
- The firefox.exe file might be corrupted. Reinstall the application.
- Click the menu button and select Options.
- Under General, go to Proxy Network Settings.
- Click on Settings.
- The Connection Settings dialog box opens.
- Change the proxy server settings.
- Close the Connection Settings dialog box.
- Close the about: preferences page.
To solve this problem, you need to go to the settings of the security software you are using and find the SSL scanning feature in that software. Once you have found it, uncheck the box indicating if it is enabled. Once you have disabled this feature in your security software, you can try visiting the website again.