- Google Chrome is a popular web browser that you can install for free.
- Google Chrome can be set as the default browser on your device so that it opens directly when you click a link.
- In many ways, Microsoft Edge is outdated and less convenient than Google Chrome.
- To set Chrome as your default browser, you must download and install it from Google’s site.
- These solutions also work for other users who can’t make Chrome their default Windows 10 browser.
How To Make Google Chrome As The Default Browser
Choose “Google Chrome” as your default browser in Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Web Browser. A Mac can be installed by launching Google Chrome and clicking Chrome > Preferences > Default Browser, then clicking “Set as Default.” On Windows 11, search for Chrome, click “Set as Default,” and click “Set as Default.”
A Chrome extension and a webpage I created go together.
If you want to make Chrome your default browser in Windows 10, then you can do so. You can download Google Chrome for free. Occasionally, you won’t be able to make Chrome the default browser. In some cases, however, this can’t be done. For instructions on how to solve this problem, please follow the steps below.
When in Chrome and I click make chrome default , nothing happens . And Edge won’t let go . Where do I go from here.
Google Chrome is designed by Google as a cross-platform web browser, it is free and easy to use. It has a 60% market share, which means that Chrome is one of the most popular browsers in the world. Google Chrome can be set as the default browser on your device so that it opens directly when you click a link. However, many people complain that they can’t make Chrome the default browser on Windows 10. There are several methods you can try if you find that Windows 10 can’t set Chrome as the default browser.
Why can’t I make Chrome the default browser?
When you install Google Chrome on Windows 10 after booting, you will be asked if you want to make Chrome the default browser on Windows 10. You can choose yes if you want to make it the default. As popular as the software is, it also encounters some technical problems caused by viruses or malware and browser settings. One of the main problems users face is that they can’t set Google Chrome as their default browser. In many ways, Microsoft Edge is outdated and less convenient than Chrome. Setting Google Chrome as the default browser is a fairly simple task.
Note: To set Chrome as your default browser, you must first download and install it. Windows and macOS can download it from Google’s site, while iOS and Android use their respective app stores.
How do I make Chrome my default browser?
Set it as your default during installation
- If you want Chrome to be your default browser, you’ll be prompted to choose that option after downloading and installing it for the first time. Select “Yes.”
- You will be asked to set Chrome as your default browser every time you open a Chrome tab if you skipped this option.
- Many users prefer to use this method, however if you cannot do so, try our next method.
Using the Control Panel
- Then press Win + R.
- Control panel will be launched
- Programs can be found by navigating
- Programs can be selected by default
- To define default programs, click here
- Choose Chrome from the Web browser menu.
Using the method above might help you to set Chrome as your default browser if you are not able to do so.
Using Chrome Browser Settings
- Chrome will be launched
- On the upper right-hand corner, click the three vertical dots
- Select options
- From the left pane, select the browser you prefer
- Browsers that are set as default are Chrome and Firefox
In these steps, you’ll find out how to set Google Chrome as your default web browser and how to remove it from your computer. Once you’ve done that, Chrome will open any external links you click.
You can make Chrome your default browser on Windows by following a variety of methods. In this tutorial, we’ve discussed various ways to resolve the stated problem, including setting Windows settings, setting Chrome settings, resetting default apps, using the command prompt, resetting Chrome, or updating Chrome.
Furthermore, when we set Chrome browser as our default browser, it did not change these settings for you; instead, it dropped us to the appropriate menu so we could adjust them ourselves. Strangely, Firefox can perform the same task on its own. The worst part is that Microsoft will still open Edge browser even if you change the settings correctly if you click a link in the Search box or the Widgets box in Windows 11.
If Chrome is not your default Windows 10 browser or if Chrome is not your default Windows 10 browser, these solutions will still work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Open Chrome and click the "Three Dots" button in the top right corner. Click on the "Settings" option and go to "Default Browser". Click on "Settings" Click on "Set as Default" and follow the instructions on the screen to set Chrome as your default browser.
- On your computer, click on the Start menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Open the default apps: Original version: click the "Default apps" button.
- Under "Web Browser" at the bottom, click on your current browser (usually Microsoft Edge).
- In the "Select Application" window, click on Google Chrome.
- Open the Chrome app.
- In the upper right corner, click More. Settings.
- Under "Basics," click on Search Engine. Google.
Open the Android Settings app, scroll until you see "Apps," then tap on it. Now tap on "Default Apps." Scroll until you see "Browser," then tap it to select the default browser. Select "Chrome" from the list of browsers.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.