Google Chrome is a popular web browser that you can install for free. If you want to use Chrome as your default browser, you can make it your default browser. However, in some cases, you won’t be able to make Chrome the default browser in Windows 10. How can you solve this problem? Please follow the tips and steps below to solve the problem.
Google Chrome is designed by Google as a cross-platform web browser, it is free and easy to use. It has a 60% market share, which means that Chrome is one of the most popular browsers in the world. Google Chrome can be set as the default browser on your device so that it opens directly when you click a link. However, many people complain that they can’t make Chrome the default browser on Windows 10. There are several methods you can try if you find that Windows 10 can’t set Chrome as the default browser.
Why can’t I make Chrome the default browser?
When you install Google Chrome on Windows 10 after booting, you will be asked if you want to make Chrome the default browser on Windows 10. You can choose yes if you want to make it the default. As popular as the software is, it also encounters some technical problems caused by viruses or malware and browser settings. One of the main problems users face is that they can’t set Google Chrome as their default browser. In many ways, Microsoft Edge is outdated and less convenient than Chrome. Setting Google Chrome as the default browser is a fairly simple task.
Note: To set Chrome as your default browser, you must first download and install it. Windows and macOS can download it from Google’s site, while iOS and Android use their respective app stores.
How do I make Chrome my default browser?
Set it as your default during installation
- After downloading and installing Chrome for the first time, you’ll be asked if you want to make it your default browser. If yes, select “Yes.”
- If you skipped this option, every time you open a Chrome tab, you’ll get a message asking if you want to set it as your default browser.
- This is the easiest method used by most users, but if you can’t make Chrome the default browser, be sure to try our next solution.
Using the Control Panel
- Press Windows + R
- Control Type.exe
- This will launch the control panel
- Navigate to programs
- Select the default programs
- Go to Default programs definition
- Under Web browser, click on the icon and select Chrome.
If you can’t set Chrome as your default browser, try the method above.
Using Chrome Browser Settings
- Launch Google Chrome
- Click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner
- Select options
- Select your default browser in the left pane
- Set Chrome as your default browser
By following these steps, you can make Google Chrome your default web browser. This can be useful if Google Chrome can’t identify or set up a default browser. Once you perform these steps, Chrome will open any external links you click on.
These solutions also work for other users who can’t make Chrome their default Windows 10 browser or can’t make Chrome their default Windows 10 browser. After a few tweaks, you’re all set.
Frequently Asked Questions
Open Chrome and click the "Three Dots" button in the top right corner. Click on the "Settings" option and go to "Default Browser". Click on "Settings" Click on "Set as Default" and follow the instructions on the screen to set Chrome as your default browser.
- On your computer, click on the Start menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Open the default apps: Original version: click the "Default apps" button.
- Under "Web Browser" at the bottom, click on your current browser (usually Microsoft Edge).
- In the "Select Application" window, click on Google Chrome.
- Open the Chrome app.
- In the upper right corner, click More. Settings.
- Under "Basics," click on Search Engine. Google.
Open the Android Settings app, scroll until you see "Apps," then tap on it. Now tap on "Default Apps." Scroll until you see "Browser," then tap it to select the default browser. Select "Chrome" from the list of browsers.