Another login problem seems to be preventing Modern Warfare players from getting into Infinity Ward’s latest release. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare error code 262146 is a constant and annoying problem for those trying to join online matches, and the problem keeps popping up. What does it mean and what can players do to avoid it? Here’s what we know.
What causes Call of Duty COD Modern Warfare error code 262146?
- It’s likely that you’re getting this error code due to an IP/TCP problem, which can probably be solved by simply rebooting or resetting the network (in the most severe cases).
- Third-party firewalls such as Avast Premium, Comodo, and Panda Dome have been known to cause this problem in situations where the security package classifies your PC’s connection to the game server as suspicious activity.
- If problem 262146 keeps occurring in the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game on your console (Ps4 or Xbox One) and you have previously verified that it is not a network inconsistency, you are left with only one reason: inconsistency caused by corruption of temporary data stored locally on your console.
How to repair Call of Duty COD Modern Warfare error code 262146?
Restart your modem or router
If none of the Cod Modern Warfare Error Code 262146 methods work, there may be a network problem.
- Close the game completely.
- Log off the system, turn it off
- Restart your modem or router
- Now reboot your system and connect the network
- Now run the game and check if the error persists.
Update your network driver
It is possible that your network driver is broken, outdated or corrupt.
- Open the “Run” window, type devmgmt.msc, then press Enter
- Now find the network driver
- Right-click on the driver and select Update Driver
- Your system will load the driver, reboot your system and check if the error persists.
Reboot your system
We recommend closing the game as soon as the error occurs. And try running the game again. If that doesn’t solve the problem, reboot your system and check if Modern Warfare Error Code 262146 still occurs.
- If you get the error, close the game.
- Restart the game.
- If the error persists, restart the system.
Log in again
If you get Call of Duty Error Code 262146, we recommend logging out of your profile. Then close the game and restart it. Now log in again.
- As soon as the error occurs, log out of the game.
- Restart the game and log in again
Frequently Asked Questions
Although we cannot offer a reliable solution for Modern Warfare error code 262146, some users on the Modern Warfare subreddit have successfully reset their router settings or disabled and re-enabled their player profile.
- Check the minimum system requirements.
- Disable Game Boost utilities.
- Use DirectX version 11.
- Put the game on your priority list.
- Use a VPN.
- Remove the folder from the drive.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Check the game files.
- Delete the Battle.net cache folder.
- Run VRAM at its highest level.
- Restart your router.
- Forced the use of DirectX 11.
- Restart the game.
- If that doesn't work, change the NAT type on your router to open.
- Go to UPnP in the router's settings and enable that option.
- Save the settings and restart the router.