The augmented reality mobile game has launched a new feature called Adventure Sync, which allows you to track the distance you travel without opening the game’s app. This is a major update that players have been asking for since the game began.
Adventure Sync provides a weekly summary in which you can see the progress of your hatchery and candy, as well as important activity statistics.
But some players have noticed that the new feature isn’t working. So, here’s our guide on how to get Adventure Sync working on your device. In the next article, we’ll look at what to do if Adventure Sync doesn’t work in Pokemon Go.
What is the reason Adventure Sync doesn’t work in Pokemon Go
- Adventure Sync on Pokemon Go may not work if you are using an outdated version of the Pokemon Go app or if you are using a type of battery charger/optimizer. If you are using a manual time zone on your device, this can also cause problems.
- Low-current mode is also one of the reasons Adventure Sync does not display activity data. If the necessary permissions are not granted for Pokemon Go, including storage and location permissions, the app may have problems accessing it.
- If you use a manual time zone in your phone’s data and time settings and travel to other time zones, this can cause problems synchronizing with Adventure Sync. In this case, changing the time zone to “Automatic” may solve the problem.
- If you are using a low-precision mode for location on your device, there may be steps that are not recorded in Adventure Sync. In this case, you can solve the problem by switching the location mode to “High Accuracy”. For illustration, we will be using Android.
- Communication problems between Google Fit and Pokemon Go can also cause the adventure sync problem we talked about. You may also be using different accounts for Google Fit and Pokemon Go. In that case, eliminating pairing and then re-pairing the two services may solve the problem. Make sure your Internet connection is working before proceeding.
To resolve the problem Adventure Sync is not working on Pokemon GO
Make sure that the Adventure Sync option is enabled in Pokemon Go
- Launch the Pokemon Go app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Pokeball icon.
- Go to Settings and check the Adventure Sync button.
- Tap Enable when you see a message asking you to confirm.
- You should now get a message that Adventure Sync is enabled.
Make sure Adventure Sync has all the necessary permissions
- In iOS, go to “Apple Health and Sources” and check that Adventure Sync is enabled.
- Also, go to Settings > Privacy > Exercise and Fitness and turn on fitness tracking.
- For Android, install Google Fit and allow access to memory and space.
- Then allow Pokemon Go to retrieve Google Fit data from your Google account.
For Android users, battery saving mode is enabled
- This fix is for Android devices only. Adventure Sync does not work when the battery is on. Please turn off the screen saver in your Pokemon Go settings.
- If you follow these steps, you should be able to get Adventure Sync working again, allowing you to enjoy playing Pokemon Go.
Frequently Asked Questions
On your Android device, make sure you have Google Fit* installed on your device. Then in Pokémon GO, go to Settings -> Adventure Sync -> Enable! -> Allow Pokémon GO to access your Google Fit data through your Google account.
For Android: Go to Pokémon GO app permissions under Settings > Apps and Notifications > Pokémon GO > Permissions and make sure Location is enabled.
- Click the main menu button.
- Tap the Settings button.
- Tap Adventure Sync. You'll also be prompted to give Pokémon GO permission to access your Apple Health or Google Fit data.
Make sure the game is turned off. And that Adventure Sync is turned on (by default, it's turned off when you switch accounts and make updates). If it's still not registered, sometimes you can go into the tracking app (Google Fit) and turn on the "Track My Workouts" option so it registers steps.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.