The Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool is very useful when you need to find and fix corrupt files on your system. However, sometimes DISM can give error code 1392 and stop the analysis. This happens especially if some files are missing in the system or if data is corrupted or compromised.
This error should be fixed as soon as possible because if it is not fixed, it can lead to data loss, system crashes, or even hardware failure in some cases.
What causes DISM error 1392 in Windows 10?
Various system issues can cause this error. Your antivirus program may be blocking an important system file that you need to run a scan, or your computer may be infected with malware. Other possible causes of the problem are listed below:
- Faulty hard disk sectors
- Temporary files
- Application conflicts
- Damaged system files
How to fix the DISM 1392 error in Windows 10?
Perform an SFC scan
- Click the Start button.
- Go to the search box and type CMD.
- Navigate to the command prompt.
- Right-click and select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow.
- Press the Enter key.
If you find the error message dism.exe 1392, most likely the files are corrupt, and checking the system files will help you replace the corrupted versions with genuine and correct Microsoft versions.
Launch Disk Check
- Right-click on Start.
- Then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter the following command: chkdsk /f h: and press Enter (h is the disk with the error 1392 disk.exe).
From time to time, you should use the Check Disk tool to check the integrity of hard disks. It examines hard disks and fixes many common types of errors on FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS disks.
Performing system restore
- Click the Start button.
- Enter System Restore in the search box.
- In the search results list, click Create restore point.
- Enter the administrator account password or provide permissions when prompted.
- In the System Restore dialog box, click System Restore.
- Click Next.
- Click the restore point that was created before the problem occurred.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Check your computer for malware
The dism.exe 1392 error may be associated with malware infecting your computer system because it can corrupt, destroy or even delete files associated with runtime errors.
The error may be related to a malicious program component. Perform a full scan for malware problems and remember that a third-party antivirus program is a good choice in this regard.
Frequently Asked Questions
If a DISM failure has occurred on your system, you can solve the problem by disabling some antivirus functions or by turning off your antivirus program completely. If that doesn't help, you can try uninstalling the antivirus program. After uninstalling the antivirus program, run the DISM scan again.
- Open the command line as an administrator. To do this, press the Windows + X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- When the command prompt opens, type chkdsk /f X: and press Enter.
- Wait for chkdsk to scan the hard disk partition.
Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM.exe) is a command-line tool that you can use to service and prepare Windows images, including images used for Windows PE, the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), and Windows Setup. DISM can be used to service a Windows image (.wim) or virtual hard drive.
- Temporarily turn off your antivirus program.
- Run an SFC scan.
- Clean up unnecessary files.
- Run a Check disk to check and fix hard disk errors.
- Scan your computer for malicious programs.
- Run a system restore.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.