Roblox is an online gaming platform and game creation system that allows users to create their own games and play a variety of games created by other users. In today’s post, we will identify some known causes that can cause Roblox online game platform error code 106, on Xbox One or Windows 10, and provide possible solutions that you can try to resolve the error code mentioned above.
To successfully fix Roblox error code 106, you can follow the following instructions related to the error. If you encounter a similar problem, here are some solutions to fix Roblox error code 106 on Xbox One.
What causes Roblox error code 106 on Xbox
This particular problem is due to a developer change on the Xbox One app. At this point, you will only be able to join a friend’s game if they are on your Roblox friends list and your Xbox One list.
If you encounter a Roblox 106 error code, the solution is as simple as logging into the Roblox website via a console browser, laptop, PC, or mobile device and adding your friend to your built-in friend list. Then ask your friend to do the same and accept your friend’s request.
Fix Roblox error code 106 on your Xbox
- From the home screen, select My Games and Apps.
- Select the Show All option to list all apps and games.
- Locate and highlight the Roblox app. Press the menu button on your Xbox controller.
- Select Manage Games and Add-ons, then Delete All.
- Reinstall the Roblox app, log in to your account, and check for enhancements.
Log in from the Roblox website
- Launch a web browser on your Xbox, PC, or other device and visit the official Roblox website.
- Log in to your Roblox account by clicking the “Login” button.
- Click on the search bar, enter your friend’s username and click Search Username.
- Roblox will list all users with a similar username. Find your friend’s account and click Add Friend on the right.
- Ask your friend to sign in to your Roblox account through the site as well.
- Your friend should have received your request. Ask them to click on the notification icon and click Accept.
- Once you’ve been added to your friend list, log out of Roblox.
- Launch the Roblox app on your Xbox One.
- Now check to see if your friend is on your friend list. If not, do the following.
- Click the Xbox button and go to Friends and Clubs -> Find Someone.
- Find your friend’s account and click Add Friend.
- Once you’ve added a friend, try joining your friend’s game and see if it works.
- Make sure your Xbox console is turned on.
- Press and hold the power button (Xbox button on the console) until the console turns off.
- Wait a few minutes and press the Xbox button again to restart the console.
- Run Roblox and see if there are any improvements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Roblox error 106 occurs when you try to contact a person who is not on your friend list.
If you're experiencing Roblox Error Code 106, it's as simple as logging into the Roblox website through your console browser, laptop, PC, or mobile device and adding a friend to your built-in friend list. Then ask your friend to do the same and accept your friend's request.
- Create an account in Roblox. Visit this page to create a Roblox account using your PC/laptop.
- Follow the content that other people are creating. Connect to your Xbox console.
- Use port forwarding. If you are using Wi-Fi, go to your router login page.
- Cycle power.
- Reinstall the game.
Turn off your Xbox One console and unplug it. Leave it unplugged for 5 minutes, then turn it back on. Then log in to your Roblox and Xbox accounts and make sure they both show the same birthday. If you're still having problems, try other solutions to common Roblox errors.