Your computer’s webcam is very useful for making long-distance video calls. In addition to making video calls, you can also record videos and take pictures with the camera app in Windows 10. But sometimes the app gives error messages like 0xa00f425c Video Capture File Creation failed or 0xa00f424F Photo Capture File Creation failed.
To find out why the error occurred and how to fix it in the Camera app, continue reading this article.
What causes error code 0xa00f425c in Windows 10?
This error occurs not only in the Camera app, but also in Skype, Messenger app, and other apps on your Windows computer. However, this error is not fatal. It usually does not affect other applications and has no negative impact on system performance.
Possible causes of this problem may be corrupted/outdated camera drivers, lack of camera approval for the Camera app on your computer, corrupted cache of the Camera app and the Camera app itself, and other problems. Let’s find a solution.
How to fix error code 0xa00f425c in Windows 10?
Update your camera drivers
- Right-click on the Windows button and select Device Manager.
- Now expand the Imaging Devices section and right-click on the webcam entry.
- Select the Update driver software option.
- In the pop-up window, click the Search for driver software on your computer option.
- Select the Select from the list of device drivers on my computer option.
- Make sure that the Show compatible hardware checkbox is selected. If it is not, check it.
- Select the USB video device and click Next.
- The system should update the camera drivers automatically. Then reboot the system.
Resetting the Camera app
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the settings.
- Open the “Applications” section and scroll down until you find the Camera app.
- Click on it and select the Advanced Settings link under the name of the Camera app.
- Finally, click Reset, and then click Reset again.
Changing folder permissions
- Open File Explorer and right-click on the Pictures folder.
- Open Grant Access and select the Specific People option.
- Add yourself to the access list.
- Follow the same procedure to change the permissions of the Videos and Camera Roll folders.