Today, Xbox gaming consoles are taking our gaming skills to a whole new level! Its realism has allowed it to gain a foothold and become so popular among PC gamers.
Microsoft is constantly rebuilding its Xbox business to make it easier and more user-friendly. It’s a very stable option.
Sometimes there are compatibility issues or some other problems that cause you to encounter the 0x87de2712 Xbox one error. So, we are going to take a look at some solutions so that you can fix the problem easily and efficiently.
What Causes Error 0x87de2712 in Xbox One
We have researched this particular problem by examining various user reviews and trying different repair strategies that are often recommended by other users who have already successfully solved this problem. It turns out that several situations can cause error 0x87de2712. Here’s a shortlist of possible culprits:
Firmware/software problem: In some cases, this problem can also occur due to a problem with a temporary file or firmware. In this case, you may be able to solve the problem by disconnecting the power.
Incorrect alternate address: After analyzing dozens of user reports, we can confirm that this problem can also occur due to an incorrect alternate MAC address. This type of network mismatch can cause your console to stop communicating with the Xbox servers. To resolve this issue, you will need to go into your network settings and remove the alternate MAC address.
Xbox Live Server Problems: It appears that you may be experiencing this problem due to server-side issues that are beyond your control. The error code may occur after your console has failed to validate your purchase due to server issues. In this case, you may be able to bypass the validation attempt by going offline.
How to Solve Error 0x87de2712 in Xbox One
Remove the alternate MAC address
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- From the Guide menu, select Settings -> All Settings.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the left pane, select Network, and then select Network Settings.
- From the Network menu, select Advanced Settings.
- Navigate to the Alternate MAC Address option and select it.
- From the menu, select Alternate Line MAC Address and click Delete.
- Select the Restart button to apply the changes.
- After restarting, check if the Xbox One error 0x87de2712 has been resolved.
Check the status of the Xbox Live server
- If you are using digital media. In other words, if you don’t have access to the game disc or if it’s a multiplayer game that requires Internet access, you may see errors if the Xbox Live server is experiencing problems.
- The Xbox Live server may be down due to scheduled maintenance or a hardware failure.
- Microsoft will notify users on the Xbox Live status page of service interruptions.
- Visit the Xbox Live status page to see if there are any problems with the Xbox service.
- Under Games and Apps, look for apps that are listed as problematic and out of service.
- If they are detected, there is not much you can do. Microsoft will fix the problem and change the status when the problem is resolved.
Performing a reboot
- Press and hold the Power/Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds.
- Release the button when the indicators on the front panel stop flashing.
- Leave the console off for a few minutes.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the console, including the power cord.
- After a few minutes, reconnect the power cord and other cables.
- Turn on the Xbox console by pressing the power button.
- After restarting, try running the game and see if the error is corrected.
Changing the network mode
If the previous check showed that your game is listed as served in the Xbox Live status, try changing the network mode.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu.
- In the menu, go to Settings -> System.
- Select Settings, and then select Network.
- From the Network menu, open Network Settings.
- Scroll to the Go offline section.
- This will put your console in offline mode.
- Restart your console to apply the changes.
- After restarting, try running the game with the error and see if the error is fixed.
While some games require the Internet to complete the sync, most games are designed to run in offline mode. When you put your Xbox into offline mode, games temporarily suspend all processes that require Internet access and allow you to play.
Frequently Asked Questions
To reset your console from the Xbox boot troubleshooter, select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Save Games and Apps. This option allows you to reset the operating system and delete any potentially corrupted data without deleting games and apps. If this works, you should be back at the home screen after resetting the console.
- Reboot your Xbox One.
- Turn off your Xbox One.
- Reboot your Xbox One.
- Check your network connection.
- Try the update offline.
- Free up space on your hard drive.
- Reset your Xbox One to factory defaults.
- Contact Microsoft Support for assistance.
- Insert the game disc.
- Erase the disc. Remove the disc with the game.
- Restart the console.
- Try a soft reset.
- Try a different disk or contact Microsoft support.
- Check the status of the basic Xbox Live services.
- Try restarting the affected application.
- Reset the Xbox One console and its cache settings.
- Reinstall the affected application to the external hard drive.