- The “WudfRd driver could not be loaded” error is caused by incompatible drivers, which usually occurs when you upgrade to Windows 10.
- Sometimes this error is also due to Windows Driver Foundation â€“ User-mode Driver Framework service not starting and disabled.
- This error is usually related to USB drivers and usually has Event ID 219.
Driver Wudfrd Failed To Load
Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load: WudfRd driver failed to load is caused because of incompatible drivers which usually occurs when you upgrade to Windows 10. This is because when you update to Windows 10 you drivers are overwritten by Microsoft drivers which cause a conflict and hence the error. Sometimes this error is also caused because of Windows Driver Foundation Ã¢€“ User-mode Driver Framework service is not started and is disabled. Simply starting the service and settings its startup type to Automatic seems to fix the problem.
When a user upgrades to Windows 10, he or she encounters the error “driver WUDFRD failed to load”. It is one of the most common errors that users encounter on their PCs and is sometimes difficult to fix. As a result of the error, event id 219 will continue to appear when the user restarts their PC, causing this error to remain. This error can be fixed by following the steps in this article.
Repair WUDFRd driver could not be loaded: The “WudfRd driver could not be loaded” error is caused by incompatible drivers, which usually occurs when you upgrade to Windows 10. Indeed, when you migrate to Windows 10, your drivers are overwritten by Microsoft drivers, which causes a conflict and therefore an error. Sometimes this error is also due to Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service not starting and disabled. Simply starting the service and setting its startup type to Automatic seems to solve the problem.
Event Id 219
A plug and play device driver (for example USB drivers) fails on your system due to a device driver or device malfunction, which is why this error occurs. Generally, this event has an Event ID of 219 and is associated with USB drivers. Here are various fixes for this error. We will take a look at the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix the Driver WUDFRd failed to load error message.
Driver WudfRd Failed To Load 5 Ways To Fix It In Windows 10: The driver wudfrd failed to stack error has portrayed by most clients who need to refresh their pc to Windows 10. The error has an Event ID 219 and its Source is Kernel-PnP. So, this issue has moreover known as blunder 219. Whenever this mix-up occurs, you will get an alert in System Log each time you boot your PC. Similarly, as the accompanying screen capture programs. You can see the depiction of error 219 in the event that the Audience. The driver \ Driver \ WudfRd quit attempting to fill for the device.
In most cases, this error occurs when a plug-and-play device driver (such as a USB driver) fails on your system due to a faulty device or device driver. This error is usually associated with USB drivers, and is usually associated with Event ID 219. We will discuss several solutions to this error today. Let’s take a look at the troubleshooting steps below to fix the failed WUDFRd driver error message download.
What is the cause of the Event ID 219 error?
This is a treasure hunt of sorts; you have to manually check each system component’s driver list in the Device Manager; you might encounter this error message when only one driver is out of date. Once the drivers have been updated, check to see if the error message still persists after updating all drivers. Browse the manufacturer’s website one by one and download the latest drivers.
Wudfrd Failed To Load For The Device Acpi
There was a problem loading the driver /Driver/WudfRd for the USB/VID_04F3&PID_0C00/5 and 22b8dd10 and 0 and 7.
There is a possibility that you are experiencing the “Driver cannot be loaded” error because your Windows is outdated and cannot support the driver. As a rule, this error occurs because Microsoft cannot always find an update for the wrong device driver on the computer. It typically occurs when you download a driver with event ID 219.
- A driver that is out-of-date or incompatible
- Controller conflict
- Update Windows no more than once a year.
- Power outage
- This service has been disabled for Windows Driver Foundation
To fix the Event ID 219 error
Update your Windows system
In order to fix the WudfRd driver that is not loading, it is recommended to manually check the latest Windows update.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Open settings by pressing Windows+I.
- Refresh and security should now be clicked, and then Windows should be refreshed.
- You can download updates by clicking Check for updates on the right side.
You can check if the error 219 has been resolved by rebooting the system after the update has been installed.
Turn on the Windows Driver Foundation service
You will receive an error message stating that “Could not load driver WudfRd” if the Windows Driver Foundation Service is disabling.
The Device Manager can be accessed directly by going to the Settings tab, after which you can uninstall the drivers to restore them. If the drivers are corrupt, there is a chance that you will see this error message.
Activating it is as easy as following these instructions:
- Using Windows + R, open Run, and type services.msc.
- Once the Services window is open, double-click the User-mode Driver Framework service provided by Windows Driver Foundation.
- You can then select Windows Startup Type – > Automatic.
- The settings will be saved once the service is working. Click OK after checking that the service is running.
Ensure that the error message “Could not load driver WudfRd” with event ID 219 has been fixed by rebooting the computer.
Disable hard drive hibernation
You can try disabling hard drive sleep mode and see if the problem is resolved. Many users have confirmed that the “Driver WudfRd could not boot” error 219.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Select Power Settings from the Start menu by pressing Windows + X.
- You can then change your current power plan settings by clicking Change plan settings on the right pane.
- You will now be redirected to a new page where you can change your advanced power options.
- Changing the settings for the On Battery and Enabled options in the Power Options window will disable the hard drive.
- After clicking “Apply,” click “OK”
You should now no longer have 219 errors on your computer. Restart your computer to see if it works now.
Update outdated drivers
Error 219 can also be caused by incompatible or outdated pilots. Check for incompatible or outdated drivers in Device Manager, as they will be marked with an exclamation point. In this case, you do not have to take these steps if the drivers do not appear with an exclamation mark.
The steps for updating the drivers are as follows:
- At Run, click services.msc and press enter.
- Once the device manager is open, click on the Devices tab.
- Select Update Driver from the context menu after right-clicking the outdated driver (with an exclamation mark).
- Check for driver updates automatically by selecting Automatically check for new drivers.
In case the driver update can’t be found on the official Microsoft website or the manufacturer’s website, please manually check the official Microsoft website.
Your changes will be saved after you restart your computer.
Installing the USB controller
If you receive an error message stating that the “WudfRd driver failed to boot,” you may need to reinstall the USB driver.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- The Device Manager window will appear when you press Windows + X.
- The Universal Serial Bus controller can be expanded by double-clicking.
- You can then select the Remove Device option by right-clicking the USB controller.
- To continue, click OK.
- You will see the USB controller reinstalled automatically once your Windows computer has been rebooted.
Make sure 219 WudfRd driver loading errors have been fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error 219?
- Update any incompatible drivers.
- Check Windows updates manually.
- Check the Windows Driver Foundation Service settings.
- Reinstall the USB controller.
- Stop the hibernation on the hard drive.
What is WUDFRd driver?
WUDFRd. sys is a driver for Windows. A driver is a small program that allows your computer to interact with connected hardware or devices.
What is the process for hosting the Windows Driver Foundation user mode framework?
Windows Driver Foundation is the former name of the Windows Driver Framework. It's a set of Microsoft libraries and tools that help reduce the complexity of writing drivers for Windows. It pushes drivers into user mode. This service is necessary for the overall stability of the system.
What is a UMDF Reflector?
UMDF drivers are part of a stack of drivers that manage the device ... A reflector is a kernel-mode driver that provides communication between the application and the driver host process (and device stacks in user mode).
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.