One of the problems most Discord users report is the “no-audio” bug during screen sharing sessions. Discord has been aware of this bug since mid-2019. To date, Discord has released several patches that fix the issue, and will likely continue to do so until the issue is fully resolved for all users.
The issue of screen sharing without audio on Discord is a constant complaint from many players. Are you also having trouble with Discord sharing screen sharing without audio? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you’ll learn how to solve your No Audio Discord screen changer problem in a few minutes. But before we get to the solution, you need to know why Disord screen share doesn’t create audio problems.
In this Techquack guide, we will share with you not only the solution offered by Discord but also some of our own solutions that will surely help you solve this problem once and for all.
What is the reason why Discord’s split-screen sound doesn’t work?
We have studied several cases, and after troubleshooting and carefully examining the conditions, we have concluded that there are several different causes for this problem. Not all of them may be applicable in your case, as every computer configuration is different:
- Early-stage audio functionality: the audio functionality with the screen sharing mechanism is at an early stage and is not yet stable enough (it was originally released in beta). There are still some issues, which we’ll cover in the next section.
- Bad audio drivers: As with all audio applications, Discord uses the audio drivers installed on your hardware. If the audio drivers are corrupt or not working properly, you will have problems.
- Administrative access: Because Discord now shares the entire screen with other remote computers, it may need administrative access to the computers. Granting advanced access usually solves the problem.
- Problems with applications: Some applications tend not to work properly with Discord. In this case, there’s nothing you can do about it except look for alternatives.
Make sure you have the necessary login credentials before you start working with solutions. If we reset the app, you may be asked to log in from scratch. Administrative access is required. Also, make sure that the sound option in the application window is enabled.
Also, before proceeding to more technical solutions, reboot the system and see if the problem persists.
To solve the problem of Discord’s dysfunctional sound exchange screens
Reboot your computer
Some programs running on your computer may conflict with Discord and cause audio problems. To see if this is the underlying problem, reboot your computer to clear the current state of the software.
Reboot Discord after rebooting. If you are still not getting sound during screen sharing, try the following solution.
Discord developers regularly release updates to fix bugs. If there is no sound during Discord screen sharing, a recent update may have prevented Discord from working correctly and a new update is needed to fix the problem.
Follow the instructions to check for Discord updates:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %localappdata% and click OK.
- Double-click Discord.
- Double-click Update .exe and wait for the update process to complete.
- Restart Discord to check your problem.
If there is still no sound during the broadcast, go to the next solution below.
Update your audio driver
One of the most common causes of Discord’s “no sound” during screen sharing is a missing or outdated audio driver. You can manually update your device drivers one at a time if you wish. However, this will take some time. You can also update them with a few clicks using a third-party driver update program.
A third-party driver updater will automatically detect your system and find the right drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system is running on your computer, you don’t have to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake during installation.
Remove roaming data from the drive
Incorrect account settings and temporary disk files can also interfere with audio playback when using the drive. Try deleting Discord roaming data to see if this solves the problem:
- Exit Discord completely.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type %appdata%. Then press the Enter key.
- Right-click Discord and select Delete.
- Restart Discord to check the problem.
If there is still no sound during the broadcast, read on and try the following solution.
Temporarily disable your antivirus program
If there is no sound at all when streaming on Discord, it is unlikely that your antivirus program is causing the problem, but you should rule it out. Temporarily disable your antivirus program and see if the problem persists (see your antivirus program documentation on how to disable it).
If Discord works correctly after disabling the antivirus program, contact your antivirus provider for advice or install another antivirus solution.
Resetting Discord language settings
Incorrect language settings in Discord can lead to these errors. If you recently changed the Discord settings and after that, the sound stopped working. Try resetting the voice settings to their defaults to see if that solves the problem. Follow these steps:
- Start the drive, then click the Settings icon.
- Click on Voice and Video, then on Reset Voice Settings.
- Click OK.
- Try displaying the screen again to check the problem.
If there is still no sound when you share the screen, try the following solution.
Reinstall Discord application
If none of the above solutions worked for you, your problem may be caused by corrupt or defective Discord files. In this case, reinstalling Discord is likely the solution to your problem. Follow the instructions below:
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
- Then type Control and click Control Panel.
- Under View by, click on Category, and then select Uninstall a program. Right-click Discord, and then Uninstall.
- Download the disc. Then open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the disk.
- Restart Discord to see if the sound is back.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must disable the sharing screen first, then enable audio mode in the application window, and finally click the "Share Now" button to use the audio for the screen sharing drive.
Yes, you can talk and share the screen with sound at the same time. You can mute the audio while talking and still keep the screen sound.
- Open the Discord app on your Mac, PC, or smartphone.
- Find the voice channel you're allowed to broadcast on and join it.
- At the bottom of the desktop app, you'll see "Video" and "Screen." Choose whether you want to stream video from your webcam or share your computer screen, and then click on the option of your choice.
- First, try restarting your computer.
- Open the Discord app and restart screen sharing.
- The best thing to do is to check on the GPU.
- Update the GPU driver to the latest version.
- If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Discord app.