- The video card error in Sims 4 has been reported on Techquack.com.
- There are several causes of this problem, such as system requirements and video card drivers.
- The Sims 4 is outdated, as time goes by, the versions of computer components are changing.
- To keep up, the Sims 4 development team releases software updates from time to time.
- When the game itself is not updated, there are many problems.
- There is also an option to enable Origin in the game.
Having trouble playing Sims 4?
Sims 4 Video Card
The Sims 4 video card error has been fixed by 5 solutions. Try each one until you find the one that works for you.
It appears that the Sims 4 can’t be run on this system due to the video card’s specifications. Please ensure you have the latest video drivers installed as well as your video card meets these specifications.”
You’re certainly not alone. But don’t worry, you can fix it here at Techquack.
What’s the reason for the Video Card error in Sims 4?
First, make sure your laptop meets the minimum requirements. When I downloaded the game, it told me I didn’t meet the minimum requirements, but when I later checked, it said I did.
It might be the graphics card driver that is corrupted or antiquated that is causing the Sims 4 video card error.
Here are a few of the reasons we found these issues after receiving several reports from users:
The computer goes into an error state: this may seem unlikely at first, but there are many cases where the computer goes into an error state. This is a very common scenario that can be solved by simply disabling it.
My Sims 4 has been a lot of fun on this computer. When I started it up, Origin popped up for an update. It updated, but then I got the following message:
It’s recommended that you update your graphics drivers as soon as possible, since this error is directly related to your video card. The Sims 4 won’t run until you update your graphics drivers.
Video card drivers: Drivers are the main components that control the entire computer, as they are the link between the hardware and the software. If the graphics drivers don’t work properly, you’ll run into a lot of problems.
Is there anyone who knows where I can go or what to do? We bought a new PC and wanted to install Sims. But when I opened it up, I received an error message that stated that the graphics card was not recognized. As our other desktop works fine, we did not think there would be a problem with our new one, because it is similar to our old one.
In-game Origin: Since Origin places the game mainly for distribution, there is also an option to enable Origin in the game. This feature has been known to cause a lot of problems. You can disable Origin in the game and see if that helps.
The Sims 4 is outdated: As time goes by, the versions of computer components are changing. To keep up, the Sims 4 development team releases software updates from time to time. When the game itself is not updated, there are many problems.
System Requirements: Perhaps the simplest reason is that your computer does not meet the minimum requirements of the game. If your specs are too low, you’ll have a lot of problems.
Since then, my game has been working, even after multiple errors stating that the device was incompatible with the game, updating the driver helped. It also runs smoothly with no crashes or glitches to date.
Windowed mode: this is more of a workaround than a cause; it seems that sometimes Sims 4 doesn’t work properly and runs in windowed mode until an update appears.
Windows Update: Windows updates are associated with all software running on your computer. If a failed update causes problems in the functionality of the software, you will encounter many problems.
Compatibility: We have also encountered many cases where the compatibility of the game does not match the compatibility of the operating system. Here it is useful to run the game in compatibility mode.
In order to avoid any hiccups, make sure you’re connected to the internet and are logged in as an administrator.
How to Troubleshoot the Video Card Error in Sims 4
Launch Sims 4 in compatibility mode
- You can access Sims 4’s properties by right-clicking the shortcut or .exe file.
- Click on Compatibility.
- Ensure that Compatibility Mode is selected.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Operating System and select Windows 8.
- Your settings will be saved when you select the Apply option.
- The window will close when you click OK.
Use the Repair option in Origin
- Launch Origin’s game client.
- Go to My Games by clicking on it.
- To access the context menu of Sims 4, right-click on the game.
- From the menu that appears, choose Recover Game.
Launch Sims 4 in windowed mode
- Alternatively, you can create a shortcut for the game by right-clicking on its desktop shortcut and selecting Properties.
- In addition to adding -w, you can also add -window to the destination path field as shown below.
- Click OK and then Apply.
- The shortcut for Sims 4 can be found on the left side of the screen.
The advanced launch options tab will allow you to add -w to the Command Line Arguments field. Then click Save.
Disable Origin in the game
- Launch Origin.
- To view your games library, click on My Games Library.
- After you have right-clicked the Sims 4 game, choose Properties from the context menu.
- The General tab should be unchecked to disable in-game Origin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix the Sims 4 video card error?
- Uninstalling and reinstalling The Sims 4 (and reloading)
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin (and reloading)
- Uninstalling and reinstalling all my video card drivers.
- I disabled Origin in the game.
How do I update my graphics card in Sims 4?
Go to Origin, right-click on the game you downloaded, and select "Check for an update." Then, when you're done, right-click on the Sims 4 game in Origin again and click "Restore Game.
How to repair a damaged video card?
- Update your video card drivers.
- Disconnect/reconnect your graphics card.
- Uninstall and reinstall the drivers.
- Cool and clean the video card.
- Replace the video card.
What kind of video card can I use to play Sims 4?
- Supported graphics cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
- DIRECTX: Compatible with DirectX 9.0, 10, and 11.
- INPUT: Keyboard and mouse.
- ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: An Internet connection is required to activate the product.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.