If you are using graphics-intensive applications such as video rendering programs or some games, something in the system background may go wrong and you may encounter the error message “LoadLibrary failed with error 1114, A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed”.
So, in this article, we will show you some measures you can take to eliminate this type of error message as quickly as possible.
What causes error 1114 in Windows 10?
Sometimes, when you use a graphical application on your computer, you get the error message “LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed”. This problem is usually due to a forced power saving setting in the power settings of the computer. To solve the problem, follow these simple solutions for your computer.
How to resolve error 1114 in Windows 10?
Change the settings for dynamic switchable graphics
- In the search area on your desktop, find Control Panel and click Control Panel to open it.
- Click Power Settings.
- Click Change plan settings in the selected preferred plan.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Scroll down and double-click Dynamic Switchable Graph to expand it.
- Double-click Global Settings.
- Select Maximum power for both battery and mains operation.
- Then click Apply and OK to save your changes.
Set the high performance of your graphics card
NVIDIA graphics card:
- Right-click an empty area of the desktop, then select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- On the left menu, click Manage 3D Settings.
- Click the Program Settings tab, then click Add to add the application that caused the LoadLibrary error 1114.
- Change your preferred graphics processor to high performance.
- Then reboot your computer.
AMD graphics card:
- Right-click on an empty area of the desktop and select AMD Control Center (or Configure Switchable Graphics).
- Click the Browse button and add the application that generated the error to the list of applications and select the High-Performance option for it.
- Then reboot your computer.
Update the video card driver
Update the driver manually: You can go to the manufacturer’s website, find the latest driver for your video card, and then install it on your computer. Be sure to download a driver that is compatible with the operating system installed on your computer.
Automatic driver updates: If you don’t have the time or patience, you can update your drivers automatically using a third-party driver update program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Change the Dynamic Switchable Graphics settings.
- Update the display driver.
- Configure the application to use a high-performance processor.
This problem occurs on Windows laptops with AMD or NVIDIA graphics cards when the application performance setting is set to "Optimize graphics performance" in the graphics card software.
This problem usually occurs due to forced power-saving settings in your computer's power settings.