The “Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn” problem occurs when installing Oracle Virtualbox – usually a few seconds after trying to start a virtual machine. After this problem occurs, each newly created virtual machine displays the same error message (making Virtualbox completely unusable).
After installing the latest version of VirtualBox and rebooting the computer, the following error message appears when starting the virtual machine:
“VirtualBox – Error in SupR3HardenedWiReSpawn”.
What is the cause of the “Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn” error in VirtualBox?
- It turns out that one of the most common causes of the VirtualBox “Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn” error is a missing driver (VBoxDRV.inf). It is possible that the main VirtualBox application is installed without this key driver due to a permissions issue.
- Another possible cause of this problem is a directory problem caused by a registry shift that the VirtualBox driver contributes to.
- Another possible cause of this problem is that virtualization is disabled in the BIOS or UEFI settings. While hardware virtualization is enabled by default in the vast majority of computer configurations, older computers may require manual adjustment of settings.
- One of the most common reasons for this behavior is a missing driver (VBoxDrv.inf). Perhaps due to authorization issues, the installation of this important driver was not completed during the initial installation.
How to resolve the “Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn” in VirtualBox?
Turn on the virtualization in the BIOS
- Reboot the computer and press F2/F4/F6/F8 or Del several times to bring up the boot screen. The configuration keys vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- Now find the Advanced tab. If you don’t have the Advanced tab, look for the Advanced Chipset Control or CPU Configuration tab.
- If you are using an Intel processor, make sure that Intel’s virtualization technology is enabled.
- If you’re using an AMD processor, enable AMD-V, and so on.
- Once virtualization technology is enabled, save the changes in the BIOS and reboot the system.
- After restarting the system, run Oracle VirtualBox and check if the supr3hardenedwinrespawn error is fixed.
Allot additional RAM for your virtual machine
- Run Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager.
- Right-click the current installation of your virtual machine and select Uninstall.
- In the new dialog box, click Delete Only.
- Then proceed to create a new configuration with the same image.
- However, remember to allocate more memory in the Base Memory section than the previous virtual machine installation.
- After creating the configuration, run the virtual machine and check for enhancements.
Installing the VBoxDrV.inf file
- Open file explorer and navigate to the following directory
- You can also copy and paste the above path into File Explorer.
- In the VBoxDrv folder, right-click on the VBoxDrv.inf file and run Install.
- UAC will ask you to confirm the action. Click Yes to continue the installation.
- Then press the Windows key.
- Type cmd, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter to execute it:
sc start vboxdrv
- Close the command prompt window after successfully executing the command.
- Try restarting the virtual machine and check for improvements.
- Try installing the latest version of Oracle VirtualBox to fix the error.
- Press the Windows + R key.
- Type control and click OK to open the control panel.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select VirtualBox from the list of installed applications.
- Click the Uninstall button. Click Yes to confirm the action.
- After uninstalling, go to the VirtualBox download page.
- Download and install the latest version of the software.
- Reconfigure your computer and check for enhancements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Install the file VBoxDrV. inf.
- Check for problems with the directory. Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Allocate more RAM for the virtual machine. Run Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager.
- Turn on virtualization in your BIOS.
- Change the settings of the paravirtualization interface.
- Reinstall VirtualBox.
After installing Oracle VirtualBox, you may experience a supr3hardenedwinrespawn error problem. This problem occurs when the user runs the virtual machine for the first time after installing the program. The reason for this error is due to a missing VBoxDrv.
The easiest way to solve the problem, in this case, is to uninstall the current version of VirtualBox and then install the latest available stable version.
- Go to the Control Panel and uninstall VirtualBox.
- Reboot your computer.
- Download the latest version of VirtualBox.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select "Run as administrator".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install VirtualBox.
- After installation, restart your computer.