Nvidia graphics cards are the most common graphics cards on the market today. However, there is a problem in which Nvidia display settings are not available.
This error is caused by a problem with the driver. The driver is in the control panel and controls how your computer handles graphics and various other tasks such as display settings and resolution.
In this case, you need to find and fix the underlying cause to fully resolve the problem.
What causes the “Nvidia display settings are not available” issue in Windows 10?
The “NVIDIA display settings are not available” error message is very common and can occur for several reasons. Perhaps the display cable is plugged into the wrong port, there is a problem with the driver, or Windows updates are making a difference.
When this error occurs, the Nvidia control panel does not open and you always get this error message. Next, we’ll look at all the possible ways to fix this error one by one, starting with the easiest one.
How to resolve the ‘Nvidia display settings are not available’ error on Windows PC?
Disabling and re-enabling the GPU
- Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt.MSC” (without the quotes) and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Then expand the “Display Adapters” entry, right-click on the Nvidia graphics card and select “Disable”.
- A warning will appear stating that the disconnected device is no longer working and asking for confirmation.
- If you are sure you want to disable this device, click Yes.
- Right-click on your Nvidia graphics card again, but this time select Enable.
- This will turn your device back on, and the normal operation of the device will resume.
Restarting multiple Nvidia services
- Press Windows + R, type services.MSC and press Enter.
- You will now find the following NVIDIA services:
- NVIDIA LS Display Container
- NVIDIA LocalSystem container
- NVIDIA network services container
- NVIDIA telemetry container
- Right-click the NVIDIA Display Container LS and select Properties.
- Click Shutdown and select Automatic from the Startup Type drop-down list.
- Wait a few minutes, and then click the Start button again to start the corresponding service.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all other NVIDIA services.
- When finished, click Apply and then OK to save your changes.
Updating the graphics card firmware
- Restart your computer to enter safe mode.
- Press the Windows + R key to display the Run box.
- Type “MSConfig” without the quotes.
- Disable the “Use recommended settings” option on the “General” tab.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Make sure the NVIDIA display driver service is running
- Press Windows + R, then type “services.MSC” in the dialog box.
- Navigate through the various services until you get to the NVIDIA Display Driver Service.
- Select “Properties” from the context menu of the item you right-clicked on.
- The restoration can be downloaded here.
- If the Start button is not selected to be clicked, click Apply.
- After making sure that the service is working, check to see if the error message persists.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check your display's connection.
- Change the output of the adapter.
- Check the NVIDIA display driver service.
- Update/reset the graphics driver.
- Reboot your computer to enter safe mode.
- Press Windows + R to open the "Run" window.
- Type "MSConfig" without the quotes.
- Uncheck "Use recommended settings" on the General tab.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Maybe the display cable is connected to the wrong port, there are problems with the drivers, or Windows updates are making a difference.