Have you ever had the problem of Rainbow Six Siege not starting on your PC? In this article, Techquack offers you several effective methods to solve this problem. You can try them one by one until your Rainbow Six Siege doesn’t work properly.
Some Rainbow Six Siege players complain that their game won’t start lately. This is very frustrating. Some of them report that they bought the game a few days ago, but when they want to play it, Rainbow Six Siege won’t launch.
If you’re one of them, don’t worry. You can solve this problem yourself by using the following methods.
What is the reason why Rainbow Six Siege doesn’t launch on PC?
After receiving a lot of messages from users, we have studied the problem and compiled a set of solutions that have solved the problem for most of our users. We have also compiled a list of causes that caused the error, and they are as follows.
Outdated video card drivers: If your video card drivers are outdated and haven’t been updated, you may encounter problems when launching the game, as it requires the latest graphics drivers provided by the developers to work properly.
Missing Files: All of the game’s files must be present and intact for the game to work properly. If important files are missing or damaged, the game will not work properly.
Administrative Permissions: Administrative permissions are required for all elements of the game to work properly. If administrative permissions are missing, the game may have problems accessing sensitive information.
Uplay App: The “Uplay” app may be out of date or damaged. The game will not run properly if Uplay does not work properly.
System specifications: the game scans the hardware at startup and will not start the startup process if the system does not meet the minimum specifications set by the game. Unfortunately, this problem cannot be solved.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the problem, we will move on to solutions. It is recommended that you try to implement these solutions in the order listed.
How to solve the problem when Rainbow Six Siege doesn’t start on your PC
Check the game cache
If your video card driver is updated but the problem persists, you can try this method. This method will check the game files and make sure they are correct. It will also download the necessary files and fix them. This way, the problem of the Rainbow Six Siege not starting can be solved.
- Exit Uplay and close it.
- Start Steam. Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Select Local Files and click Check game files for integrity.
- Launch Rainbow Six, Uplay will open and ask you to link your account.
- After that, your game will automatically launch!
Running as an administrator
A permissions issue may be the root of this problem. With a high level of clean access, Rainbow Six Siege can take full advantage of its capabilities and function properly. So run the game as administrator and see if that solves your problem.
- Navigate to the game’s installation folder. If you can’t find it, you can go into Steam, right-click on the game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files.
- Right-click on Rainbowsix.exe and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and select the “Run as administrator” check box.
- Click Apply -> OK.
- Run the game and check to see if the problem is resolved or not.
Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package
If Siege and Uplay (including BattleEye) are successfully installed but Rainbow Six Siege won’t run, you may need to check your supported software.
- Type “Control Panel” in the search bar and press Enter.
- Set the view to large icons and click on Programs and Features.
- Find the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Right-click it and select Modify.
- Click the Restore button. Then follow the instructions on the screen.
- You probably have several of them installed, so try to restore all of them if necessary, and reboot your computer when prompted.
- Run Rainbow Six Siege to check.
Update your graphics card driver
If you don’t have the time or patience to update your graphics drivers manually, you can do it automatically with a third-party driver update program.
The third-party driver update program will automatically detect your system and find the right drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system is installed on your computer, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry that you’ll make a mistake during installation.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your game starts for a few seconds but nothing happens, reinstalling Uplay may be the solution for you. If the Uplay app is outdated or not working properly, the game may not start properly. So a clean uninstallation and installation of Uplay may help. Log into Uplay and run Rainbow Six Siege to check.
- Run the game as an Administrator.
- Check the game files.
- Update your device drivers.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus program.
- Reinstall the Visual C++ files that are distributed.
Select the executable file of the game in your game folder; if you used the default install folder, this should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Rainbow Six Siege" Select your problem(s) in the box on the right and click the appropriate "Repair" button.
When Uplay fails to launch or start in Windows, it is usually due to missing DLL files, a bad Internet connection, and conflicting services running in the background. To fix a bad Internet connection, you need a reliable and fast Internet connection.