- Recently, some users have complained about a red dot on the Discord icon.
- This dot is not a sign of error or malfunction but is intentionally displayed to highlight a notification or message.
- There are two types of red dots in Discord.
- The red dot with a line in the app is a status indicator that means “Do Not Disturb’s” This red dot is one of the four status indicators that you see in your username.
Welcome to this article where we will guide you through the simple steps to fix the frustrating red dot issue on your Discord icon in Windows PC. Say goodbye to the annoyance and let’s get started on resolving this pesky problem together!
Modifying Discord Settings for a Specific Server
To modify Discord settings for a specific server, follow these steps:
1. Open Discord and select the server you want to modify settings for.
2. Click on the server’s name at the top left corner of the Discord window.
3. In the drop-down menu, click on “Server Settings.”
4. In the left sidebar, click on “Notifications.”
5. Under the “Notification Settings” section, you can customize various notification options for the server.
6. To disable the red dot notification for the server, uncheck the “Message badge” option.
7. You can also customize other notification settings such as mentions, channel notifications, and more.
8. Once you have modified the settings to your preference, close the settings window.
Turning Off the Unread Message Badge Setting
To turn off the unread message badge setting on Discord for Windows PC, follow these simple steps:
1. Open Discord and click on the gear icon located at the bottom left corner of the app.
2. In the User Settings menu, click on the “Notifications” tab on the left side.
3. Scroll down to the “Unread Message Badge” setting and toggle it off to disable the red dot on the Discord icon.
4. Close the User Settings menu and the changes will take effect immediately.
By turning off the unread message badge setting, you can remove the red dot on the Discord icon in your Windows taskbar or system tray. This can be helpful if you find the badge distracting or if you prefer to manually check for new messages rather than relying on the notification icon.
Remember, Discord offers a variety of features and settings to customize your experience. Explore the options available in the User Settings menu to tailor Discord to your specific needs and preferences.
That’s it! You have successfully turned off the unread message badge setting on Discord for your Windows PC. Enjoy your Discord experience without the distraction of the red dot icon.
Changing the Avatar Status to Remove the Red Dot
To remove the red dot on the Discord icon in Windows PC, you can change the avatar status. Follow these steps:
1. Open the Discord app on your Windows PC.
2. Click on your avatar located at the bottom left of the screen.
3. In the drop-down menu, click on “Settings.”
4. A new window will appear. On the left-hand side, click on “Privacy & Safety.”
5. Scroll down to the “Status” section.
6. Under “Show current status,” select the status that you prefer. This will remove the red dot.
7. If you don’t want to show any status, choose “Invisible.”
8. Close the settings window.
9. The red dot on the Discord icon should now be removed.
By changing the avatar status, you can easily get rid of the red dot notification on the Discord icon in Windows PC.
Modifying Taskbar Settings for Discord Icon
- Accessing Taskbar settings
- Locating the Discord icon
- Checking for updates
- Modifying notification preferences
- Adjusting taskbar icon behavior
- Enabling taskbar badge notifications
- Changing Discord icon visibility
Reinstalling Discord or Contacting Discord Support for Assistance
To reinstall Discord or contact Discord support for assistance with the red dot on the Discord icon in Windows PC, follow these steps:
1. Reinstall Discord:
– Close Discord completely.
– Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
– Type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
– Locate Discord in the list of installed programs, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
– Download the latest version of Discord from the official website and install it.
– Launch Discord and check if the red dot issue is resolved.
2. Contact Discord Support:
– Visit the Discord support website.
– Click on the “Contact Support” button.
– Fill out the required information, including your email address, username, and a detailed description of the issue.
– Attach any relevant screenshots or files if necessary.
– Submit the support ticket and wait for a response from Discord’s support team.
If you’re still experiencing the red dot issue on the Discord icon after following these steps, the Discord support team will be able to provide further assistance.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.