Today, not only you, but thousands of gamers around the world encountered the same “Transaction Pending” error message on Steam when purchasing the PGL Stockholm 2021 spectator pass.
Although the Stockholm Spectator Pass was just released today, many players are already going to Steam to purchase it. This seems to be the reason for the transaction error.
However, there are several solutions to fix this error. Find out which one is right for you.
What causes the Steam “Transaction pending” error message?
- The servers themselves are down.
- The error can also be caused by VPN and IP proxy software.
- An incomplete purchase on Steam in the past can cause Steam to display a “Transaction Pending” error.
How to resolve the “Transaction Pending” error message on Steam?
Postpone other pending transactions
- Open Steam and click on your user account name.
- Click on the Account Details option.
- Then click on the View Purchase History option to open a list of Steam transactions.
- If you have multiple pending purchases, select one of the pending purchases.
- Then click Cancel this transaction.
- Click Cancel my purchase.
Disable VPN and IP proxy software
- Right-click the Start button and select Task Manager from the list.
- On the Processes tab, select VPN or IP Proxy Software and click End Task.
- Select the Start tab, then right-click the VPN or IP Proxy Software and select Disconnect.
Check to see if the server is disconnected
- Open the Downdetector website and select a country from the drop-down menu.
- Enter Steam in the search box on this site to go directly to a page with more information about Steam server outages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the Account Details option. Then click on the "View Purchase History" option to open a list of Steam transactions. If there are multiple pending purchases, select one of the pending purchases. Then click on the Cancel this transaction option.
It could take up to five days for the pending transaction on your Steam account to be processed. There have been reports that Steam transactions may take up to ten days to complete.
- Go to Steam > Settings.
- Click on the "In-Game" tab.
- Activate "Enable Steam overlay in-game."
- Go to the library.
- Right-click on Gems of War and select Properties.
- On the General tab, make sure that the "Enable in-game Steam overlay" option is enabled.