SysMenu.dll is an adware program that displays ads, coupons, and pop-ups on websites you visit. These ads offer shopping site coupons that may seem useful but are dangerous.
The main purpose of these ads is to promote questionable content so that the owner of Sysmenu.dll can earn income by paying per click. These ads can infect browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox, recommending fake updates and software.
What causes SysMenu.dll problems?
- One reason for this error could be malware.
- SysMenu.dll error may be caused by scheduled tasks.
- SysMenu.dll error may be caused by your system registry.
- Another reason for the SysMenu.dll error is that the file is not in the right place.
- In some cases, third-party applications can cause SysMenu.dll errors.
- Third-party applications installed on your computer can also cause SysMenu.dll errors. Usually, the culprit is the last application you installed on your computer.
How to solve problems with SysMenu.dll?
Edit your registry
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Regedit and press Enter.
- In the right pane, look for sysmenu.dll. If you find any sysmenu.dll values, be sure to remove them. As for location, look for this DLL file in the following locations:
Perform a reboot
- Press the Windows + R keys and type MSConfig.
- Now press OK or the Enter key.
- The System Configuration window will appear. Switch to the “Services” tab and turn on the
Hide all Microsoft services options.
- Then click Disable All to disable these services.
- Switch to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Task Manager should start up and show you a list of running applications.
- Right-click on the first entry and choose Disable from the menu.
- Repeat this step for each running application in the list.
- After disabling all applications, return to the System Configuration window.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes and restart your computer.
Delete the SysMenu.dll file
- Navigate to the following directory:
- Search for the Smupdate file. You can use the search function to find it.
- Once you find the file, delete it.
Scan your system
In some cases, SysMenu.dll error may be caused by a malware infection. To solve this problem, you need to perform a full system scan and check your system for malware. Keep in mind that a full system scan can take several hours, depending on the size of your hard drive and the antivirus software used.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX.
- Run a system-wide scan for viruses and malware.
- Use system restore to undo recent changes to the system.
- Reinstall the program that uses the window.
- Update drivers for hardware devices that may be associated with the file.
Click on "All Programs" on the Start menu. Click on the "Autorun" folder. Right-click on all unwanted startup programs and click "Uninstall". Click "Yes" to confirm.
The specified module was not found. SysMenu.dll is part of an adware program that displays pop-ups and ads on websites you visit.
- Run a third-party DLL fixer.
- Use CCleaner. If you want to fix SysMenu.
- Remove the SysMenu menu.
- Use autorun.
- Perform a clean boot.
- Scan your system.
- Remove problematic applications.
- Edit your registry.