The Brave browser is not as widely used as global browser giants like Firefox and Chrome. However, many users prefer this browser to others because of the different and better data protection features it offers.
One of the problems that users encounter after installing the Brave browser on their system is that the browser does not start at all. Some users only get a blank white page when they try to open the browser, while others don’t open it at all. Even after several attempts to launch it.
What is the reason why Brave Browser doesn’t work on Windows 10?
- The reason for the problem with Brave Browser is that the browser’s cache and cookies are corrupt or out of date.
- Another possible cause of this problem may be the interference of third-party antivirus/firewall programs installed on your computer.
- This problem can also be caused by some problematic extensions in the browser, problems with video card drivers, or problems with the installation of Brave Browser itself.
How to fix the fact that Brave Browser is not working on Windows 10?
Clear browsing data
- Launch Brave Browser, select the menu icon, and go to Settings.
- Click on the Security option and select Delete Browsing Data.
- Click the Delete button.
- Select the items you want to delete and click Delete.
Perform an SFC scan
- Go to the Start menu and type cmd. Now right-click Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- Enter the following command: sfc /scannow
- Wait for the scan to finish and then restart your computer.
- First, open the control panel via the Start menu.
- Then click on the Uninstall Program option under Programs.
- Find Brave in the list and double-click it to start uninstalling.
- Don’t forget to delete the browsing data while the wizard is running.
- Then go to Brave’s official website and download the latest version of the installation file.
- Run it to install the browser. After the installation is complete, open the browser and see if the problem persists.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.