- Windows 10 users complain that they can no longer access their WD My Cloud accounts after upgrading to Windows 10.
- The main reason for this error is that Windows 10 does not allow users to access certain accounts without adding credentials.
- It can also be caused by SMB 1.0 being disabled, Windows updates, network issues, etc.
- The problem is so severe that some users have even gone back to Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Wd “my Cloud” Setup
I will walk you through setting up NordVPN on a WD My Cloud EX2 NAS.
A WD MyCloud NAS needs to be configured with a FileFlex Connector.
From wherever you are, you can access all the photos, videos and files stored on your My Cloud Home device using the My Cloud Home app. Make room for more by back up all your photos and videos. Stream videos smoothly. Find and share your favorite memories quickly. All of your content is accessible from anywhere you have an internet connection with the My Cloud Home app.
In the following steps, you can try the solutions based on the causes you identified. If you are not sure what the cause is, please try Solutions 1 and 2 first. It is the main reason why you won’t be able to see WD My Cloud on the network.
It is true that WD My Cloud provides enticing benefits, but you can only take advantage of them if you avoid the most common problems that occur when accessing your cloud storage device.
As one of the best cloud storage services, WD My Cloud has a large number of users, which is why a significant number of Windows 10 users complain that after upgrading to Windows 10, they cannot access their WD My Cloud accounts. In spite of the severe problem, some Windows 10 users have even returned to Windows 7 and Windows 8.
You can turn Windows features on or off in the order that you prefer by visiting Control Panel > Programs and Features.
Windows 10 users who are unable to access their WD My Cloud accounts shouldn’t worry.
What is the reason why I can’t access my WD My Cloud account?
- The main reason: It is said that the main reason for this error is that Windows 10 does not allow users to access certain accounts without adding credentials.
- Other Causes: It can also be caused by SMB 1.0 being disabled, Windows updates, network issues, etc.
How can I resolve the issue of not being able to access my WD My Cloud account?
My Cloud Home Western Digital
I recommend only using 64-bit operating systems to access My Cloud Home.
In this article, you will learn how to troubleshoot My Cloud Home error messages where the device cannot connect or is offline.
Include My Cloud in the list of credentials
- Go to Account Manager under User Accounts in the Control Panel.
- Add Windows Credentials by selecting Windows Credentials and clicking Add.
- Your My Cloud device’s address should be entered in the Internet Address field.
- Your My Cloud username should go here.
- You will be asked for your password in the Password field.
- The next time you try to access My Cloud, restart your computer after saving your changes.
Perform a network reset
- Windows + I is the shortcut to the start menu.
- Using this method, you can access the Network and Internet settings in Windows.
- The left pane contains a Status option.
- You should find a “Reset Network” option at the bottom of the screen. Click on it and click Reset Now to confirm.
Change TCP/IPv4 settings
- The Control Panel can be accessed from here.
- Obtain the Network and Sharing Center by going to Network and Internet in the Control Panel.
- You can change the settings for your card in the Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu of the adapter you are currently using.
- Go to the Properties menu and click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- You can access WINS by selecting Advanced in the Properties window.
- Your settings will be saved once you click Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is claimed that the main reason for this error is that Windows 10 does not allow users to access certain accounts without adding credentials. It can also be caused by disabling SMB 1.0, a Windows update, network issues, etc.
- Connect My Cloud to the login information list.
- Perform a network settings reset.
- Change your TCP/IPv4 settings.
- Open Control Panel -> User Accounts and go to Account Manager.
- Then select Windows Credentials and click Add Windows Credentials.
- In the Internet Address field, enter the name of your My Cloud device.
- In the Username field, enter the username that you use to access My Cloud.
- In the Password field, enter your password.
- After saving your changes, restart your computer and try accessing My Cloud again.
How Do You Get To The Cloud
If you’re using Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, it will take a while for your changes to be uploaded to iCloud. These apps regularly upload files to iCloud so you don’t lose them. Other apps upload files only after they are saved to the iCloud Drive folder. Go to Finder > iCloud Drive on a Mac. Go to File Explorer > iCloud Drive on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to see your saved files.
You can configure GoodSync Connect in the desktop version, by selecting ‘Tools – andgt; GoodSync Connect Setup’.
The WD Quick View for Mac download includes the latest version of the utility that detects and displays network-attached storage devices on a network, including WD My Cloud EX2.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.