If you are getting Microsoft Store error code 0x80073CF3 on your Windows computer when trying to update an app, you can try the solutions provided in this article to successfully fix the problem. We looked into the problem and found that it could have several causes.
What causes the code: 0x80073cf3 in Windows 10?
- General mismatch: If you encounter this error, it may be due to a general mismatch in the system.
- Microsoft account malfunction: a Microsoft account mismatch associated with your Windows Store is usually the cause of this error.
- Damaged Windows installation: it may be a corrupted Windows Store installation in Windows. This may be due to an outdated version of the program. In this case, you can reinstall the Windows Store using Powershell.
How to repair the code: 0x80073cf3 in Windows 10?
Reset Windows Store settings
- Right-click on Start and select Applications and Features.
- Scroll down to find Microsoft Store, and click Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down again and click Exit and reset.
Resetting the Windows Store cache
- In Windows search, type wsreset and press Enter.
- Wait for a black window to appear – don’t close it.
- Once it disappears, the Microsoft Store should open.
- Try downloading the app again.
Launch the Windows Store application troubleshooter
- Type Troubleshooting in the Windows search box and press Enter.
- Click Advanced Troubleshooting if it’s not listed.
- Scroll down to find Windows Store apps.
- Click and select Run Troubleshooting.
- Wait for the scan to complete and apply the suggested fixes.
Apply any pending updates
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Click View More (three horizontal dots next to your account icon) and select Downloads and Updates.
- Apply any remaining downloads here and close the Store.
- Type updates into the Windows search box and press Enter.
- If additional updates are available, install them.
- Also, click Check for updates and install them.
- Reboot your computer and see if that helped.