One of the amazing features of Office is the Add-Ins feature, which makes it easy to switch between applications. We find this especially useful when we want to schedule Teams meetings in Outlook, but recently several users have reported that they can’t find the Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook on Windows 10.
If you’ve encountered a problem like this, you’ve come to the right place, because in this guide, we’ve listed some of the most effective ways to solve it.
Why is the Microsoft Teams add-in missing in Outlook?
Authentication Requirements: To use the Teams Meeting add-in for Outlook, you must log in to Teams using modern authentication. This is Microsoft’s preferred term for what most other programs call multi-factor authentication.
Nested groups: add-ons will no longer appear to the user if the user is removed from the group to which the add-on is assigned. Centralized provisioning currently does not support nested group assignments. It supports users in top-level groups or groups without parent groups, but not users in nested groups or groups with parent groups.
Outdated Office: The user may be running an older, incompatible version of Office. The user must have Office ProPlus or Microsoft 365 to deploy the add-ons. You can check this manually by opening an application, such as Word, and then selecting File -> Account. Under Product Information, you should see Microsoft 365 Apps for Business.
How to solve the lack of a Microsoft Teams add-on in Outlook?
Turn off the Windows Firewall
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Click Update and Security.
- In the left pane, select Windows Security.
- Click Firewall and Network Protection.
- Click Active Network.
- Toggle the switch to disable the firewall’s network protection.
Activate the add-on in Outlook
- Launch the Outlook client.
- Click File, then click Options.
- In the left pane, select the Add-ons tab.
- Make sure that the Microsoft Teams Meeting for Microsoft Office add-in is listed as the active application add-in.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Enable face-to-face meetings
- Launch the Microsoft Teams Control Center.
- Go to Meetings and select Meeting Policies.
- In the General section, enable the Allow scheduling private meetings option.
- Restart the Outlook client and check for improvements.
Check the user profile
- Check whether users have two different profiles loaded in Outlook and Microsoft Teams.
- Change the user profile to the same profile in both applications and check for improvements.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still don't see the add-in, check to see if it's disabled in Outlook. In Outlook, select File, then Options. Check the box next to the Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office. Select OK in all the dialog boxes and restart Outlook.
- If the add-in is in the Inactive list, make sure that COM Add-ins are selected in the Manage drop-down list and click Go.
- Check the box next to the add-in and click OK.
- Restart Outlook. Close Outlook, wait 5 seconds and then restart it.
Open Outlook and click File -> Options -> Add-ons. Click the drop-down list next to Manage: select Disabled Items, and then click Go. Select the Protected Trust add-in, click Enable, and then click Close.
Another reason the Teams is not showing up in Outlook is that someone disabled the Outlook add-in in the meeting policy. If you are an administrator, go to the Administration Center, go to Meetings, select Meeting Policies, and turn on the Allow Outlook add-in option.