- Many Origin users have reported that when you launch the Origin client to play your favorite game, the client doesn’t respond or doesn’t launch at all.
- You should be able to easily fix the problem using one of the solutions listed below.
- Some problems can occur with the core working files of the client itself, and the only way to solve them is to reinstall the entire client.
- Deleting these files can allow Origin to work again.
Welcome to the perplexing world of Origin Launcher! In this short article, we delve into the frustrating issue of the launcher not responding after it’s been launched. Join us as we explore the possible causes and uncover potential solutions to get you back on track with your gaming adventures.
Troubleshooting Steps for Origin Launcher Issues
1. Reinstall Origin: Uninstall the Origin launcher from your PC and reinstall it from the official website (https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/download).
2. Run as Administrator: Right-click on the Origin launcher file on your desktop or in the Start menu and select “Run as administrator” to ensure it has the necessary permissions.
3. Clear Cache Files: Close the Origin client and navigate to the folder where Origin is installed. Delete all temporary files and cache folders.
4. Compatibility Mode: Right-click on the Origin launcher file, go to Properties, and select the Compatibility tab. Check the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode” and choose the appropriate Windows version from the drop-down list.
5. Update Graphics Driver: Make sure your graphics driver is up to date. Visit the manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest driver for your graphics card.
6. Check Administrator Rights: Ensure that your user account has administrator rights on your PC. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage User Accounts. Make sure your account is listed as an Administrator.
7. Disable Third-Party Programs: Temporarily disable any antivirus, firewall, or other third-party programs that may be interfering with the Origin launcher.
If you continue to experience issues with the Origin launcher, please visit the official Origin support website for further assistance.
Updating Graphics Driver and Compatibility
If you are experiencing issues with the Origin Launcher not responding after launching, it may be due to outdated or incompatible graphics drivers. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key and R key on your keyboard simultaneously to open the Run dialog.
2. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
3. Expand the “Display adapters” category and right-click on your graphics driver.
4. Select “Update driver” from the drop-down list.
5. Choose the option to automatically search for updated driver software.
6. If an update is found, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
7. Restart your computer and try launching the Origin Launcher again.
Updating your graphics driver can often resolve compatibility issues and improve the performance of the Origin Launcher. If the issue persists, you may also consider reinstalling the Origin client or contacting Origin support for further assistance.
Adding Origin as an Exception to Antivirus
To add Origin as an exception to your antivirus, follow these steps:
1. Open your antivirus program and locate the settings or preferences menu.
2. Look for an option related to “exceptions” or “exclusions”. It may be under a different name depending on your antivirus software.
3. Click on the “Add” or “New” button to create a new exception.
4. In the dialog box that appears, navigate to the folder where Origin is installed. By default, it is usually located in the “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)” folder on your C: drive.
5. Select the Origin folder and click “OK” to add it as an exception to your antivirus.
6. Make sure to save your changes and exit the antivirus settings.
7. Restart your computer and try launching the Origin launcher again.
By adding Origin as an exception, you are allowing your antivirus to skip scanning the Origin files, which can sometimes cause conflicts and prevent the launcher from responding. This should help resolve the issue and get Origin running smoothly.
Performing a Clean Boot and Installing Windows Updates
If your Origin Launcher is not responding after launch, you can try performing a clean boot and installing Windows updates to resolve the issue.
To perform a clean boot:
1. Press the Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type “msconfig” and press Enter.
3. In the System Configuration window, navigate to the Services tab.
4. Check the box next to “Hide all Microsoft services” at the bottom.
5. Click on “Disable all” to disable all non-Microsoft services.
6. Go to the Startup tab and click on “Open Task Manager.”
7. In the Task Manager, disable any startup items that are enabled.
8. Close the Task Manager and click on “OK” in the System Configuration window.
9. Restart your computer.
After performing a clean boot, make sure to install any pending Windows updates:
1. Press the Windows key and type “Windows Update.”
2. Select “Windows Update settings” from the search results.
3. Click on “Check for updates” and install any available updates.
4. Restart your computer if prompted.
Performing a clean boot and installing Windows updates can help resolve issues with the Origin Launcher not responding.
Letting Origin Update and Deleting Cache Files
If your Origin launcher is not responding after launch, there are a few steps you can take to address the issue. First, try updating Origin to the latest version. To do this, open Origin and click on “Origin” in the top-left corner of the window. Next, select “Application Settings” from the drop-down list. In the Application Settings menu, click on “Update Origin” and follow the prompts to install any available updates.
If updating doesn’t resolve the issue, you can try deleting the cache files. To do this, close Origin completely and then go to the desktop. Right-click on the Origin shortcut and select “Properties” from the drop-down menu. In the Properties window, go to the “Compatibility” tab and check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.” Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
After making these changes, double-click on the Origin shortcut to launch the program again and see if the issue is resolved. If not, you may need to consider reinstalling Origin or reaching out to Origin support for further assistance.
Deleting Origin’s Temporary Files and Reinstalling the Client
To resolve the issue of Origin Launcher not responding after launch, you can try deleting Origin’s temporary files and reinstalling the client. First, close the Origin application if it’s open. Then, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type “%ProgramData%” (without quotes) and press Enter.
3. In the folder that opens, locate and delete the “Origin” folder.
4. Press the Windows key + R again to open the Run dialog box.
5. Type “%AppData%” (without quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the folder that opens, locate and delete the “Origin” folder.
7. Visit the official Origin website at https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/download.
8. Download and install the latest version of the Origin client.
9. Once the installation is complete, launch the Origin application and check if the issue is resolved.
This process will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem and provide a fresh installation of the Origin client.
Removing Corrupted Cache and Temporary Files for Origin
If you’re experiencing the issue of Origin Launcher not responding after launching, it could be due to corrupted cache or temporary files. To fix this problem, follow these steps:
1. Close the Origin Launcher completely.
2. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
3. Type “%ProgramData%” (without quotes) and click OK.
4. Locate the Origin folder and delete it.
5. Press the Windows key + R again and type “%AppData%” (without quotes).
6. Delete the Origin folder in this location as well.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Visit the official Origin website at https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/download and download the latest version of Origin.
9. Install the Origin Launcher and try launching it again.
By removing the corrupted cache and temporary files, you should be able to resolve the issue of Origin Launcher not responding. If the problem persists, you may need to consider other troubleshooting steps or seek further assistance from Origin support.
Fixing Unusable Core Files by Uninstalling and Reinstalling Origin
If you are experiencing issues with the Origin launcher not responding after launching, one possible solution is to uninstall and reinstall the Origin app. This can help fix any corrupted or unusable core files that may be causing the problem.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Close the Origin app completely.
2. Open the Control Panel on your Windows device.
3. Select “Uninstall a program” or “Add or remove programs.”
4. Find “Origin” in the list of installed programs and select it.
5. Click on the “Uninstall” button.
6. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
7. Once uninstalled, go to the official Origin website at https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/download.
8. Download and install the latest version of Origin.
9. After installation, launch the Origin app and log in with your account credentials.
10. Your games should now be available for download and play.
By reinstalling Origin, you can often resolve issues with the launcher not responding. Remember to always ensure that your device meets the system requirements for Origin and that you have a stable internet connection.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.