Have you encountered Roblox error code 268? This error can occur during the game, you will get a message with error code 268, forcing you to quit the game:
“You have been excluded due to unexpected client behavior. (Error code: 268)”
“You have been removed from the server. Please close the game and join it in another game (Error code: 268)”.
This is frustrating. Some Roblox users keep crashing out of the game with error code 268. This error occurs on both Windows 10 and Xbox.
What is the cause of Roblox error code 268?
It turns out that several different reasons can be behind the appearance of this particular error code. Here is a shortlist of culprits that can cause Roblox error code 268:
Server issue: This particular error code can appear if the developers are in the middle of a maintenance period or if there has been an unexpected server failure. In this case, you have nothing to do but wait for the parties involved to fix the problem.
Cheat engine/operating program interference: This error can also occur if you’ve ever tried to use (or actively used) a cheat engine for Roblox. If so, a recent update may have caused a glitch in your game. If this scenario applies, you can solve the problem by uninstalling the cheat engine and reinstalling Roblox.
Damaged game files: If you are experiencing this problem on your Xbox One, the error you are seeing may be due to a file integrity issue. To solve the problem in this case, you will have to reinstall the game traditionally.
Browser Problem: If you only see the error message when playing through the browser, you can bypass the error by using the Roblox UWP app instead. In general, this approach is considered more stable than playing through the browser.
Third-party problem: it turns out that an overprotected package may also be responsible for the appearance of this particular error code. If this scenario seems to apply, disable the anti-virus package or remove it completely and see if the problem goes away.
Inconsistent personal settings in Internet options: In some circumstances, you can expect to see this error code if your Internet Explorer is storing poorly cached data, which can affect the stability of the game. To fix the problem in this case, you need to clear your personal settings in Internet Options.
How to fix the Roblox error code 268
Clear your browser cache
Sometimes a saved cache can cause problems checking files and being thrown off the server. This bad cache can cause the server to classify your client as suspicious and often disconnect from it. To clear your browser cache:
- Click the three dots in the top right corner of your browser.
- Now click settings. A new window will open with a set of browser settings.
- Now click on Clear Browser Data.
- Next, you need to select all browser data and delete it.
Sometimes DNS can be saved in the cache by mistake. This allows you to connect to a different server than the original client. To clear DNS :
- Open the command line from the search bar.
- Now type IP config / flush DNS
- Press Enter and the DNS resolver cache will be cleared.
- After clearing the DNS, try connecting to the game again. If the error persists, go to the next step.
Turn on the firewall
Unlike anti-virus software, firewalls can permanently block connections to Roblox servers. The firewall blocks these types of connections to reduce the risk of your computer being hacked.
There was a time when my firewall blocked a connection when I was playing Roblox, and I spent three days not knowing why my connection was broken. I later realized it was the firewall. Here’s how to authorize Roblox through the firewall:
- Open the Windows search bar in the lower-left corner of your screen and type Control Panel to open a new window.
- Now carefully select Windows Defender Firewall from the many choices offered. This will open your firewall settings.
- Now in the left half of the firewall window, click on the Allow an application or feature through Windows Firewall option. You now have the option to select the perfect program.
- Now find your Roblox program and select it. (The Roblox program, of course, is in C:/Program Files/Program Files).
- Now check the boxes for public and private network permissions.
- Finally, apply the changes.
Sometimes application files can be corrupted by external factors. To solve this problem, you need to perform a reinstallation:
- Open the Control Panel
- Click Uninstall Program or Add or Remove Program.
- Find Roblox in the list of all programs.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- This will completely uninstall Roblox from your computer.
- Go to the Roblox website and log in to your account.
- After logging into Roblox, go to any game and click on the green “Play” button.
- A window will appear informing you that Roblox is installed on your system.
- Once entered, the game will open automatically.
Restart your computer
If none of the above solutions worked, reboot your computer once. This will reset all caches and DNS settings. It can also restore Roblox log files. To reboot your computer:
- Click the Start menu.
- Then click the Power option and select the Restart/Reboot option.
- Wait for the reboot to complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Disable third-party extensions in Roblox.
- Turn off antivirus for the duration of the game.
- Exit the game and start it from the Roblox application.
- Reinstall Roblox.
- Restart the game.
- Make sure that you are online.
- Exit the game and try again later.
- Use Chrome as your default browser.
- Reset all settings on your web browser.
- Check your wireless connection.
- Check your browser security settings.
- Disable ad blockers.
- Bypass Roblox 267 error code.
- Update your network drivers.
This error occurs when there are malicious files on your computer that are doing something to Roblox. Make sure your antivirus is working (hackers might have saved something on your computer), and do not use exploits as they also cause this error. Reinstall Roblox if the error continues to occur.
- Update your default browser.
- Use the Windows compatibility tool.
- Turn off the Windows firewall.
- Disable the Google Chrome extension.
- Try to forward the port.
- Disable the VPN software.
- Check for packet loss.
- Reinstall ROBLOX.