- The 0xc000021a crash code is one of the most common errors that can occur.
- Microsoft regularly releases Windows updates that also fix bugs from previous updates.
- You will learn more about the possible causes of the error and how to fix it.
- You also learn how to recover data lost due to this error.
- The error can also be fixed using the Media Builder tool and the Media Creation tool.
Stop Code 0xc000021a Windows 11
BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a on Windows 10 PC may be caused by a few factors, as we discuss in this post. This error is generally caused by an incompatible third-party application, an pending Windows Update, or a damaged hard drive. It is common for users to unplug and then plug peripheral devices into their computers to resolve such issues.
0xc000021a Windows 10 Install
A stop code error 0xc000021a could be caused by interference from external devices. In order to resolve this issue, you should unplug all of your external devices from your computer. You can then restart your computer to see if the error has gone.
Windows Com Stopcode Fix
Often, restarting your computer is the best and simplest solution.
When a Windows user-mode subsystem is compromised, the blue screen of death error 0xC000021A will occur.
It creates problems for computer users every time Microsoft updates Windows 10. New updates come with bugs that are always harmful to computers, and this stop code is no different. It occurs when your computer crashes after an update or reinstallation of Windows 10. This error occurs when your system crashes after an update or reinstallation.
In fact, this problem often arises after Windows updates. Therefore, after updating, the computer won’t boot to Windows and displays this blue screen of death as well as an error. The major reason for this error is two files.
For context, 7 days ago, I spilled a small amount of coffee into the top vent of my PC while it was on, which caused the stop code pc oxc00021a , won’t boot without driver signature disabled to occur. The problem immediately got shut down, and I started taking out… Discussion in ‘Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging’, Nov 23, 2022.
Your computer will display a stop code when it crashes unexpectedly. The Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) may sometimes be an occasional error, but is more frequently a signal of a serious problem. In this article, we’ll discuss how to troubleshoot the Windows update error that appears with the stop code 0xc000021a. You can identify the specific stop code in the bluescreen in order to troubleshoot the issue.
Several ways may be available to resolve the blue screen issue. If you could provide the blue screen information, such as ITC and 4 others listed at the bottom left, that would be helpful. All other error messages, including STOP codes, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAS messages, are also included here.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 error code 0xC000021A is shown below.
It is a common error, which goes by multiple names, such as stop code, death error, and more. If your PC is detected as having a problem and needs to be restarted, you will see a blue death screen with the message “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.” This indicates that there is an issue with your device.
Windows 10 Operating System is the well known OS in the global market. Windows 10 is the latest and most advanced version among the other Windows OS. Many users prefer to use Windows 10 Operating System, for its user-friendly interface and even more advanced features. Despite all these facilities and features, there are many technical glitches which irritate users. Sometimes when you are working on Windows 10, and suddenly a blue screen appears on your system and crashes. After that, you can face the error 0xc000021a Windows 10, which is generally a BSOD error.
Your Windows 10 PC may be experiencing the error because of corrupted system files. In such cases, SFC (System File Checker) can help you fix the problem. It is an integral part of Windows and can be used to resolve problems. To solve the error, you just need to follow these steps when you are in Safe Mode:
Updates to Windows are released by Microsoft on a regular basis, which also fix previous update bugs. There are also new errors that are introduced with Windows updates, and the 0xc000021a crash code is among them. You’ve come to the right place if you want to fix this error.
The advanced tools can be accessed by selecting Troubleshoot on the next screen.
You can boot from either the Windows Server 2008/R2/Windows 7 boot discs if you do not have Window Recovery Environment (WinRE) on your machine.
Using deployJava.js to deploy Java applets (16 January 2013)
0xc000021a stop code error occurred on your Windows PC. Here is what you need to know about how to fix the error and regain data you lost.
What causes the 0xc000021a error code?
- System performance is being adversely affected by external devices
- Regedit has been corrupted
- Windows login.exe is damaged
- The file Csrss.exe has been deleted
- Drivers with malformed data
- OS incompatibility
How to resolve error code 0xc000021a?
How Do I Fix Windows Stop Code
Hold down the power button twice to interrupt the boot sequence. When the Windows logo appears on your screen, start your computer and press the power button. Repeat this process three times.
Check the state of your hard drive
- File Explorer can be opened by opening this computer.
- To open the partition’s properties, right-click on it.
- Click on Tools.
- Please wait while the operation is completed before clicking the Error Checker tool.
Start the SFC scan
- Then select Command Prompt (Administrator) by right-clicking the boot menu.
- The following command should be entered at the command line:
- Take a look at the results after the scan is complete and see if anything needs to be improved.
Updating via the operating system
- Here is a link to Media Builder.
- The license terms must be accepted before you can launch Media Builder.
- You should see a prompt telling you to upgrade this PC.
- The upgrade will begin once the files have been downloaded by Media Creation.
Recreate your startup disk with the original Windows
- The Media Creation tool can be downloaded here.
- You must accept the terms of the license before you can use the Media Creation tool.
- Make a copy of the installation media for another computer (USB, DVD, or ISO file).
- Your selection will be based on the language, architecture, and edition.
- Click Next.
- Files with ISO extensions should be selected.
- Wait for the upload to complete before saving the ISO file.
- Windows 10 starter DVDs can be created with any third-party burning software by inserting the DVD and using a third-party burning program.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error code 0xC000021A?
- Restart your computer by holding down the SHIFT key on your keyboard to access advanced boot options.
- Then select Troubleshooting from the computer screen.
- Under Troubleshooting -> Reset this PC (select).
- Go to Reset this PC -> Save My Files (select it).
What causes error 0xC000021A?
Error 0xC000021A is a "blue screen of death" or BSoD error (related to "blue screen of death" instruction) that occurs when the Windows subsystem is affected in user mode.
How do I boot into Safe Mode?
While starting up, hold down the F8 key until the Windows logo appears. A menu will appear. Then release the F8 key. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode (or Safe Mode with networks if you need to use the Internet to solve the problem), then press Enter.
How to fix this error code in Windows 10?
- Reboot your computer.
- Launch SFC and CHKDSK.
- Update to Windows 10.
Thus, by implementing this convenient solution on your PC, you can permanently resolve the HP Windows Stop Code 0xc000021a error.
BSoD errors and slow response times should never occur again once the fixing process is completed.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.