Malwarebytes, a popular antivirus tool for Windows, is one of the best malware scanners on the market. However, sometimes Malwarebytes service encounters a high CPU load problem in Windows, and this problem makes it difficult to use the full package.
As long as Malwarebytes is running on your computer, this problem will persist. Several methods can help you solve the Malwarebytes Service High CPU problem and you can try them.
What causes Malwarebytes Service High CPU usage?
It is hard to find a direct reason that Malwarebytes service consumes too much CPU power. It means that it is a bug in the version of Malwarebytes you have installed, which should be fixed in the next version.
If the next version is not available, you can check if another installed antivirus program is causing the problem. If not, you can stop the service until a fix is released.
How to solve the problem of high CPU load by Malwarebytes service?
Restart the Malwarebytes service
- Search for services in the search bar on the taskbar.
- Click on the appropriate result.
- Double-click the Malwarebytes service.
- Click the Suspend button.
- Click the Start button.
- Click the OK button.
Restore default exploit protection
- Open the Malwarebytes application on your computer.
- Click the gear icon for settings.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Advanced Settings button.
- Click the Restore Defaults button.
- Click the Apply button.
Disable automatic malware quarantine
- Open the Malwarebytes program on your computer.
- Click the gear icon for settings in the upper right corner.
- Switch to the Security tab.
- Disable the Auto Quarantine button.
Frequently Asked Questions
It's hard to find a direct reason why the Malwarebytes service is consuming too much CPU power. This means that it is a bug in the version of Malwarebytes you have installed, which has been fixed in the next version.
In most cases, the reason is improper installation. If Malwarebytes is consuming too much memory on your computer, you might want to switch to another malware protection tool.
The only way to stop Malwarebytes is to right-click the Malwarebytes icon in the taskbar, select Stop Malwarebytes and click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.