- If you cannot start Microsoft Solitaire Collection, you can solve the problem by following these instructions.
- Possible solutions include resetting, reinstalling, running the troubleshooter built into Windows applications, updating Windows, resetting the Microsoft Store cache, and updating the Microsoft (Windows) Store applications.
- In some situations, the game may be blocked by Windows Defender antivirus by default because of a false flag restriction.
Unlocking the secrets to resolving the frustrating glitches of Microsoft Solitaire Collection, this article provides foolproof solutions to get your favorite digital card games up and running smoothly again.
Ensure Operating System and Apps are Up to Date
To ensure that the Microsoft Solitaire Collection is working properly, it is important to keep your operating system and apps up to date. This will help prevent any compatibility issues that may arise.
To update your operating system, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Start button and select Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, click on Apps.
3. Scroll down and click on Apps & Features.
4. Look for the Microsoft Solitaire Collection app and click on it.
5. Click on Advanced options.
6. Under the app’s advanced options, click on the Reset button to clear any cache or data processing issues.
To update your apps, follow these steps:
1. Open the Microsoft Store or Windows Store on your device.
2. Search for the Solitaire app in the search bar.
3. If an update is available, you will see an Update button next to the app’s listing.
4. Click on the Update button to download and install the latest version of the Solitaire app.
By keeping your operating system and apps up to date, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience with the Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
Reset Windows Store and Microsoft Solitaire Collection
If you’re experiencing issues with Microsoft Solitaire Collection not working on your Windows device, you can try resetting the Windows Store to resolve the problem. This can help fix any underlying issues that may be causing the game to crash or not launch properly.
To reset the Windows Store, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type “wsreset.exe” into the box and press Enter.
3. This will open the Windows Store app and reset it to its default settings.
After resetting the Windows Store, try launching Microsoft Solitaire Collection again to see if the issue has been resolved. If you’re still encountering problems, you can also try clearing the cache and data associated with the game.
Remember, troubleshooting tips and solutions may vary depending on your specific device and version of Windows. If you need further assistance, you can visit the Microsoft Support website or contact their customer support team for more personalized assistance.
Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection
If you’re experiencing issues with Microsoft Solitaire Collection on your Windows 10 computer, a simple uninstall and reinstall may solve the problem. Follow these troubleshooting tips to get started:
1. Open Windows Settings by clicking the Start button and selecting “Apps & Features.”
2. Scroll down and locate Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
3. Click on it and select “Uninstall.”
Note: Uninstalling the app will delete your saved progress and game statistics. If you want to keep them, make sure to back them up before uninstalling.
4. After the uninstallation is complete, visit the Microsoft Store and search for “Microsoft Solitaire Collection.”
5. Click on the app and select “Install” to download and install the latest version.
Tip: Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet during the installation process.
Once the installation is finished, launch Microsoft Solitaire Collection and check if the issue persists. This method often resolves common crashes and launch issues. Remember to review the game’s privacy and cookie settings to align with your preferences.
If you continue to experience problems, consider reaching out to Microsoft support or consulting their website for further assistance. Enjoy your favorite solitaire games hassle-free!
For more information on troubleshooting common issues with Microsoft Solitaire Collection, visit the Microsoft support website or click on the provided link for troubleshooting tips.
Run Windows Troubleshooter for Store Apps
If you’re experiencing issues with Microsoft Solitaire Collection not working, you can try running the Windows Troubleshooter for Store Apps to resolve the problem. Here’s how:
1. Press the Windows key + I to open Windows Settings.
2. Click on “Update & Security” and then select “Troubleshoot” from the left menu.
3. Scroll down and click on “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter.
4. Click on “Run the troubleshooter” and follow the on-screen instructions.
This troubleshooter will automatically detect and fix any issues that may be causing Microsoft Solitaire Collection to not work properly. After running the troubleshooter, launch the game again to see if the problem has been resolved.
If you continue to experience difficulties, you may want to check for any updates for the game or consider reinstalling it. Remember to also ensure that your Windows version is up to date.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve any issues with Microsoft Solitaire Collection not working.
Move Game Files and Re-enable Games
To move game files and re-enable games in Microsoft Solitaire Collection, follow these steps:
1. Close the game and go to the game hub on the Windows 10 home page.
2. Look for the game you want to move and right-click on it.
3. Select “Uninstall” to remove the game from your device.
4. After uninstalling, go to the Microsoft Store and search for the game you want to re-enable.
5. Click on the game and select “Install” to download it again.
6. Once the game is installed, launch it and sign in with your Microsoft account.
7. Your game progress should be restored, and you can continue playing.
If you’re still experiencing trouble with Microsoft Solitaire Collection, you may need to try some additional fixes. Visit the Microsoft support website for more troubleshooting options and resources.
Create a New Microsoft Account and Perform System Restore
To create a new Microsoft account, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Microsoft account creation page.
2. Click on the “Create one!” link.
3. Enter your email address and follow the prompts to create a password.
4. Provide the required information and click on “Next” to finish creating your account.
To perform a system restore, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type “rstrui.exe” and press Enter to open the System Restore window.
3. Click on “Next” and select a restore point from the list.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the system restore process.
If you’re experiencing issues with Microsoft Solitaire Collection, try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Clear your cookies and cache by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete in your browser.
2. Update your browser to the latest version.
3. Disable any browser extensions or add-ons that may be causing conflicts.
4. Check for any available updates for Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
5. Restart your computer and try launching the game again.
If the problem persists, visit the Microsoft Solitaire Collection support page for further assistance.
Adjust Display Scaling and Disable Taskbar Auto-Hide Feature
- Adjust Display Scaling: Learn how to optimize the display scaling settings for Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
- Disable Taskbar Auto-Hide Feature: Discover how to turn off the auto-hide feature on your taskbar to prevent any interference with the game.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.