If you cannot start Microsoft Solitaire Collection, you can solve the problem by following these instructions. Possible solutions include resetting the entire Microsoft Solitaire Collection, reinstalling, running the troubleshooter built into Windows applications, updating Windows, resetting the Microsoft (Windows) Store cache, and updating the Microsoft (Windows) Store applications.
Solitaire is one of the most played computer games of all time, probably because of its simple rules and ease of play. The main difference between Old School Solitaire (and other games) is that the Microsoft Solitaire Collection is updated from the Microsoft Store (formerly known as the Windows Store) and interacts with the Microsoft server. Players can now take on new challenges each day, earn badges, and compete against their friends.
In addition, the Microsoft Solitaire Collection features attractive new themes, and you can even create your own theme using your own photos. If you haven’t played it yourself, you may have seen other people playing it. You may have even seen characters from TV shows like “The Office” play it. For some people, the game is part of everyday life, especially, perhaps, for those who work in offices. But what if it suddenly stops working?
Try the methods described below and you can play Microsoft Solitaire Collection games in minutes.
Why Microsoft Solitaire Collection doesn’t work or doesn’t start?
- In some cases, it is possible that the Microsoft Solitaire Collection game does not work because you have an unstable version of GPU drivers installed on your computer. In addition, some beta drivers can cause this problem with some games, even though they promise better optimization and performance, which is not always beneficial because beta drivers are often not WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certified. For this reason, when using beta drivers, some Windows features (including built-in games) may not work properly, resulting in an error.
- In some cases, the Windows operating system you are currently using may have a defect that prevents you from distinguishing between features that are enabled on your computer and features that are disabled. Because of this, most Windows games will not work properly, including Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
- Depending on the current update, it may not install partially until after the WU download is complete. This may cause unexpected errors until the user reboots the system and allows it to fully install the update. Whether you think the update is waiting for you or not, reboot the system and see if the problem is resolved automatically.
- In some situations, the game may be blocked by Windows Defender antivirus by default because of a false flag restriction.
- In some cases, Windows may have corrupted file paths, causing this problem on your computer. Basically, this means that Windows has set a specific path that runs the game, but because the path has been corrupted, Windows cannot run the game properly.
Here’s how to solve the problem when Microsoft Solitaire Collection doesn’t work or doesn’t start
Restarting Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- Press the Win+I shortcut keys.
- Under System Preferences, select System.
- Then click on App and Features on the left side of that window.
- Scroll down and find the Microsoft Solitaire Collection entry.
- Click on this entry and select Advanced Settings.
- Now click the Reset button. In the window that appears, click Reset again.
Run the Windows 10 application troubleshooter
You can let Windows try to automatically fix any errors related to recently installed or updated apps. The problems you are experiencing may be caused by a recent update or a corrupted file.
So go to their website and run Microsoft’s special troubleshooter. This troubleshooter is specifically designed to analyze and restore applications installed on your computer, including the Microsoft Solitaire collection.
Resetting the Windows Store cache
You can reset the Windows Store cache as it can solve the problem of Microsoft Solitaire Collection not launching on Windows 10. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the Win+R key combination on your keyboard.
- You should see a “Run” dialog box appear on your computer.
- Type wsreset.exe there.
- Press the Enter key.
- Finally, reboot your Windows 10 computer.
Updating apps from the Microsoft Store
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on your account in the upper-right corner of the main window.
- Select Downloads, then Check for Updates.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and update your apps.
- Finally, reboot your Windows 10 system.
Update your Windows 10 system
You need to make sure that all available updates are installed.
- Press the Win+I key combination and select Update and Security.
- In the left pane of the main window, click on Windows Update.
- Simply apply any updates that are waiting for your approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some users have reported that the store cache can cause problems with Solitaire and other applications on their computers. To solve this problem, try clearing the store cache, which you can do by following these instructions: Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows+R on your keyboard.
- Click on "Applications and Features" in the left pane.
- Now in the right pane, scroll down and find "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" Click on "Advanced Options".
- Click on the "Reset" button and you will be prompted to reset.
Perhaps the game needs to be updated or there are software conflicts between your applications. To solve the problem, you can run this method on your computer:
- Run the Windows Application Troubleshooter by clicking the Run Troubleshooter button.
Microsoft Solitaire Collection does not open in Windows 10. If you're still having trouble playing Solitaire, check your Internet connection, firewall, and antivirus settings. Security settings may be blocking some applications.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.