Canon 5011 printer error code is one of the errors that prevent your printer from working. There are some methods by which you can easily fix this error. Here, we will discuss the Canon 5011 printer error and the simple steps you can use to easily fix your printer error.
What causes a 5011 error on Canon printers?
If the cartridge media becomes permanent and refuses to move to the center, then your Canon printer is experiencing this 5011 error. When this error occurs in your Canon printer and you want to print a document, a 5011 error message is displayed on your computer or Canon printer.
This error indicates a technical problem with your Canon printer. Here, we will look at four solutions that will allow Canon printer users to resolve this error in their printer.
How to resolve the 5011 error in Canon printers?
Examine the cartridge
Because the 5011 error usually occurs when the print cartridge is jammed, it is advisable to check the cartridge.
Turn off the printer and check to see if a piece of paper or other object is jammed in the printer and blocking the cartridge. Even a small object can cause this error. Therefore, inspect the printer carefully.
Remove the cartridge and reinstall it
If you haven’t already tried this, try removing the cartridge and gently inserting it back in.
You can also try cleaning all of the coding tapes behind the printer. Replace the cartridge after cleaning the sensor and making sure there are no foreign objects in the printer.
Turn the printer back on and see if the problem is fixed. If the problem persists, you may need to take the printer to an authorized service center for repair.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Unplug the printer, leave it turned off for 3 minutes, then turn it back on and check it. If this does not help, turn it off again.
- Lift the printer cover, including the scanner. Turn on the printer with the cover open.
- Then close the cover and see if that solves the problem.
- Turn the printer off again.
- Open the printer cover for the scanner. Turn on the printer with the cover open.
- Close the cover after restarting the printer. Check if the situation has improved.
A 5011 error is a common hardware error; since you have already checked the printer for paper jams, please use a flashlight or other bright light to check the paper feed area and the printer's print head to make sure there are no other obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.
- Make changes to the connection settings.
- Make sure your printer is connected to the network.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic mode.
- Update Windows.