If you want to switch from a traditional cable subscription to Internet TV, Sling TV is a common option. This live streaming TV service allows you to watch TV online with a wider selection of channels and customizable programs.
However, many users report problems using the Sling TV app. One such error is the Sling TV 8-4612 error. In some cases, channels won’t load into the app. Other users can’t connect through their WiFi connection.
If you encounter these problems, there are several solutions to help you solve the problem. Follow these steps.
What causes Sling 8-4612 error?
Damaged Sling TV installation: In some circumstances, you can assume that this error occurs due to the damaged local installation of the Sling TV application. In this case, you can solve the problem by simply reinstalling the corresponding application.
Badly cached data: It turns out that this particular problem is often due to bad caching of data from the device you are using to stream Sling TV content. In most cases, you can solve the problem by turning off the device you choose.
How to fix the Sling 8-4612 error?
Perform a power restart
- Turn off the TV and other devices connected to it.
- Turn off the modem and WiFi router to turn them off.
- Leave the devices in standby mode for a second.
- Reconnect the cables and turn on the TV.
- Wait for the device to connect to the Internet, then restart the app.
- Try changing channels to see if the error occurs only on a certain channel.
- If the problem occurs on all channels, continue with the other steps below.
- If the other channels work without errors, contact Sling TV support as the problem may be on their end.
Forcing Sling TV to shut down on Android TV
- From the Home screen, open Settings.
- Select App, then open the Sling TV app.
- Select the Force Stop button to exit the app.
- Go back to the Home screen and try restarting the app.
Reinstalling Sling TV
- On the Home screen, swipe up to open the apps menu.
- Find the Sling TV app.
- Tap and hold the Sling TV app icon for a few seconds.
- Tap Uninstall, then tap Yes to confirm.
- Open the Play Store and reinstall the app. Launch the app and check for enhancements.