- Error code OxC0000374 appears when Windows 10 users try to install key Realtek sound card drivers.
- This error is not only due to software bugs, as it also occurs if a faulty sound card is installed in the system.
- In this case, the only way out for the user is to replace the sound card, as the software solution is not capable of solving the hardware problem.
- Try the methods described below and see if they help you solve the problem or not.
In Windows 10 20H2, some users experienced crashes in the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service file (lsass.exe). The lsass crash error 0xc0000374, which was affecting Windows 10 20H2 users since October 2020, is now gone. Microsoft had stopped the upgrade, but it has been fixed.
If you receive the error message “Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure, Error OxC0000374”, then you need to follow the steps in this post in order to solve the problem.
It has been reported recently that Windows 10 users have encountered an error code OxC0000374, which appears when the Realtek sound card driver is installed. This error should not appear in normal circumstances, but as a result of a variety of software bugs, it does.
Install Realtek Hd Audio Driver Failure
The best way to install a driver is to use Driver Easy. The second method is to uninstall and reinstall the Realtek audio driver. The third method is to add legacy hardware before installing the driver. The fourth method is to fix driver conflicts. The fifth method is to reinstall Windows, and the sixth method is to replace the sound card.
Exception Code: C0000374
In Manga Studio, Runtime Code C0000374 occurs when the program fails or crashes. If you do not handle and correct this type of error, it will appear as a annoying notification on your screen. It does not necessarily mean that the code is corrupt, but rather that it did not function during its run-time. Here are the symptoms, causes, and ways to fix the issue.
Check for an unknown device that has a caution mark in Device Manager to see if the sound card is malfunctioning first. If it’s there, you might try reinstalling the sound card device to see if that will fix the problem. You may need to replace the defective sound card if not.
This error is not only due to software bugs, as it also occurs if a faulty sound card is installed in the system. In this case, the only way out for the user is to replace the sound card, as the software solution is not capable of solving the hardware problem.
We recommend starting with a troubleshooting process to determine if there are any software issues that are causing the error before jumping straight at the final solution.
In Device Manager, you can look for an unknown device that has a warning icon to see if your sound card is faulty. You may need to replace your sound card if it doesn’t work. If it doesn’t work, you may need to reinstall it.
Following this, you should now be able to update your drivers manually as described in solution #2 by clicking on the sound, video and game controllers tab.
The error has therefore been fixed internally by Microsoft, so that it no longer occurs when Windows Update executes a feature upgrade. Only feature updates delivered via installation media continue to encounter this error. Microsoft also says that the media has probably not yet been updated.
The working solution to Windows 10 error code OxC0000374 can be applied if your sound card isn’t causing any problems.
What causes OxC0000374 error in Windows 10?
- An error like this can be caused by a corrupted driver.
- A sound card error can cause this problem, which can’t be solved by software. The sound card needs to be replaced in this case.
- Alternatively, it may turn out everything is fine with your device. However, you will notice an exclamation mark in the System Manager suggesting that there is an unknown system (or driver) in the device.
If the methods described below do not solve your problem, try them and let me know.
How to resolve OxC0000374 error in Windows 10?
Update the driver through the Device Manager
The Device Manager window can be used to manually update out-of-date drivers and resolve your problems.
- The main user menu is opened by pressing Windows + X together.
- Choosing Device Manager from the list will open a new window.
- You will be able to find this tab in the Device Manager window.
- You can update Realtek High Definition Audio driver software by right-clicking on “Realtek High Definition Audio” on the Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab.
- You will be taken to the Internet automatically if you follow the instructions on the screen.
- The program will notify you and let you install it if it finds one.
- Allow any admin prompts that appear during the process.
- If your computer has not already been restarted after the installation, do so now.
Try these solutions below if the error persists after the update.
Disabling the Microsoft UAA bus driver
Usually, UAA drivers are the cause of OxC0000374 error. To determine whether this is the root cause of the problem, uninstall the UAA drivers from your system. To do this:
- Press “Windows + I” and then select “Applications”.
- The Realtek HD Audio driver can be found here, and it can be uninstalled by clicking the Uninstall button.
- The “Power Users” menu can be accessed by pressing Windows + X together.
- Choosing Device Manager from the list is the next step.
- You will be able to find this tab in the Device Manager window.
- Select the “Disable” option from the right-click menu on the “Microsoft UAA Bus Driver” option.
- Choose “Uninstall” from the right-click menu again.
- You can now select the “Properties” option by rightclicking on “Legacy Audio Drivers”.
- The sound device can be uninstalled by selecting it from the list.
- The system should then be rebooted.
- Check whether the problem has been resolved by reinstalling the driver configuration file.
Reinstalling the driver
Almost all software errors result from misconfiguration, so this is the basic solution.
- The Applications tab can be accessed by holding down Windows + I.
- You can uninstall the Realtek HD Audio driver from the next window by clicking the Uninstall button.
- Your laptop manufacturer will provide drivers for Realtek on their website.
- If the issue persists, reboot the system.
Enable the “Add legacy hardware” option in the Device Manager
It is recommended that you add obsolete hardware to the Device Manager if you do not see the “Sound, Video, and Game Controllers” tab.
- The Action button will appear when you open Device Manager.
- You can then choose to add legacy hardware.
- The installation will then proceed as instructed on the screen.
- In the Device Manager, you can easily upgrade the controllers manually after installation by selecting the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix a Windows 10 error code?
- Make sure you have enough memory on your device.
- Run the Windows update several times.
- Check for third-party drivers and download any updates.
- Disable any additional hardware.
- Check for errors in the Device Manager.
- Uninstall third-party security programs.
- Fix hard drive errors.
- Perform a clean reboot in Windows.
How to fix Windows error code?
- Reboot your computer.
- Run SFC and CHKDSK.
- Update to Windows 10.
How to fix 0xc0000374 exception code?
- It may be due to an access violation error. Temporarily disable any antivirus software and monitor the system.
- There may be a memory leak due to a logical problem in the application. Perform a health check on your application.
- Keep your windows and third-party software up to date.
What does error code OxC0000374 mean?
Exception code OxC0000374 indicates heap corruption - to determine the solution, you need to debug the crash in the debugger to find out who is corrupting the heap.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.