If you try to interpret this error message literally as it looks, you won’t find much meaning in it. This is because the message does not tell you why the error occurred or what you can do about it. However, the message has a good explanation.
SIM Not Provisioned MM2 means that your SIM card is not activated for use with the phone. This can happen after porting. You must activate the SIM card to use the phone. If this is not done, the phone will continue to display the error message.
What causes ‘SIM not provided by MM2’?
- If you have transferred your number to a new SIM card.
- If you have a brand new phone with a new or old SIM card.
- The service provider authorization system is temporarily unavailable.
- You may be outside of your carrier’s coverage area and have no roaming agreement.
How to solve the “SIM does not deliver MM2” problem?
Clear the SIM card and slots
- Turn off your cell phone and remove the back cover or SIM card compartment on the side of the phone.
- Remove the SIM card and wipe it with a cloth.
- Also, clean the SIM card compartment and SIM card slot.
- Replace the SIM card, making sure it is inserted correctly.
- Turn on the phone and check if the Sim not Provisioned MM2 error has been cleared.
Enable airplane mode
- Open the notification drawer by sliding it up and down.
- Tap the airplane mode icon to activate it.
- Wait at least 20 seconds and then slide the notification box down again.
- Tap the airplane icon to deactivate it.
- Wait for the SIM card to activate and check if the Sim not Provisioned MM#2 error has been resolved.
Updating the Carrier Service app
- Swipe down and click on the “Settings” icon.
- In settings, select the “Apps and Notifications” option, click on the “three dots” in the upper right corner and select the “Show System Apps” option.
- Find the “Operator Services” application here and click on it when you find it.
- Select the “More” option and click on the “App Details” button in the “Store” section.
- From here you will be redirected to PlayStore. Then click on the “Update” button.
- After the update, check to see if the “Sim not Provisioned MM2” error has been fixed.
Perform a simple reboot
- Hold down the “Power” button on your phone until the power options appear.
- Press the “Reboot” icon on the phone and wait for the phone to reboot completely.
- Check if the error is resolved after rebooting the cell phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Android or iOS device is reporting that the SIM card has not been provisioned, it means that there is a problem preventing it from connecting to the SIM card carrier's network. If the SIM card is new, it may not have been registered or activated by the network operator yet.
- Reboot the phone.
- Insert the SIM card correctly.
- Activate the SIM card.
- Contact your operator or service provider.
- Purchase a new SIM card.
Your SIM card is not activated for use with the phone. This can happen after porting. To use the SIM card, you need to activate it for the phone.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.