- Some users have reported this error when the browser was opened and tried to launch a new window.
- This type of error can only occur during installation or when launching the browser.
- When this error message appears, the computer runs slowly.
- This slows down your keyboard and mouse response.
- Your browser tabs freeze and Chrome won’t start.
- Your computer also freezes or crashes while the error occurs.
This article explains how to fix the error 0xc00000a5 when installing or using Google Chrome. This error usually occurs when a new window is opened after the browser is opened.
Users of Google Chrome might encounter “Chrome Error 0Xc00000A5” even when using the application in its normal mode. The issue of error 0xC00000A5 will be investigated by Google Inc. as soon as it has been reported. As soon as Google Inc. has fixed the issue, an update will be made available for download. Updates such as these are usually done to fix issues with error 0xC00000A5 and other bugs in Google Chrome.
Many people have found Google Chrome to be very useful. However, if you encounter an error when you launch the application, it can be frustrating. For example, the Google Chrome error with the code 0xc00000a5. During installation or when you launch the browser, this type of error can occur.
In addition to the error message appearing, your computer will usually run slowly. Your keyboard and mouse performance will be slowed down. Your browser tabs will freeze. You will not be able to start Chrome. The computer may also freeze briefly or crash.
Symantec Endpoint conflict could explain why Google Chrome’s sandbox feature does not work.
What causes Google Chrome error 0xc00000a5
Error 0xc00000a5 in Chrome can be caused by several factors. Here are a few of the more likely causes:
- The files of Google Chrome have been accidentally or maliciously deleted by another application.
- It has been discovered that corrupted Chrome files have been caused by malicious programs.
- Chrome software was not installed properly or was damaged.
- Google Chrome recently modified the Windows registry, causing the registry to become corrupt.
A number of factors can cause runtime errors of this type, so it’s important to determine the most appropriate troubleshooting method for each possible cause so that they don’t occur again in the future. In this guide, I will assume you are using Windows 8 or later.
How do I fix Chrome error 0xc00000a5?
This can be useful for tracing down problems and debugging code that has run into errors. System breakpoints allow you to stop your application’s execution at a specific point in its code.
Switch to a new browser
Considering switching browsers first might make it easier to read this article’s solutions.
- If you’re looking for a reliable and fast browser, we recommend downloading a third-party program.
- You can customize the design of the third-party browser with your favorite theme or background, and it has several built-in modules and advanced privacy features.
- The built-in VPN keeps your data secure, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- With the addition of the third-party browser features, all functional bugs have been eliminated and the user interface has been greatly improved.
Disable compatibility mode
- The Google Chrome shortcut can be accessed by right-clicking.
- You can select Compatibility from the tab menu.
- You can clear the compatibility mode checkbox by clicking it.
- Click Apply.
- A window will close once you click OK.
Add the “no-sandbox” flag to the Chrome desktop shortcut
- By pressing Windows + E, you will open the File Explorer window.
- Launch Google Chrome from the folder you opened earlier.
- Select Send to when you right-click Chrome.exe.
- The Desktop option can be found on the menu.
- To modify Chrome’s properties, right-click its desktop shortcut.
- Click on Shortcuts.
- When asked to enter a destination, type -no-sandbox.
- You will see a button that says Apply.
- Click OK.
Scan for malware
Possibly, Chrome was infected with malware.
- In this regard, third-party software is recommended for analysis.
- Spyware, malware, ransomware, and other viruses are usually removed by third-party software, which is popular on the market.
- Once the third-party software has been installed, click “Scan Now.” When the scan has been completed, click “Quarantine.”.
Installing Google Chrome
- By pressing the Windows key and R at the same time, you will access the Run accessory.
- The Run field should be filled with appwiz.cpl.
- You can now click OK.
- Then click Uninstall.
- Before installing Chrome again, restart your computer.
- Edge or Internet Explorer should be open when you open the Google Chrome web page.
- Install Chrome by clicking Download Chrome.
- The Chrome installer for Windows can be opened by clicking on the link below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The 0xc0000005 (access violation) application error is usually related to the fact that your computer cannot properly handle the files and settings needed to run a particular program or installation. If it finds the problem, it will try to replace the problematic system files with a cached version that is on your computer.
- Check if your computer has enough memory. You may be having problems if your computer's memory isn't enough for Chrome.
- Turn off your antivirus program. Some antivirus programs may prevent Google Chrome from installing on your computer.
- Download Chrome again.
Error code 0xc0000005 can be caused by registry corruption, malware, installed or updated software, or even Windows security features. To fix the problem, make sure you're connected to the Internet, then download and run Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10.
- Scan your system for malware.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus program.
- Restore the registry.
- Disable the DEP.
- Check your RAM.
- Run an analysis of your system files.
- Update the faulty drivers.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.