You may see this message when you visit a Google website, such as Google Calendar or Google Analytics:
We have encountered a problem setting your cookies.
Make sure your cookies are enabled. To enable cookies, follow your browser’s instructions.
Cleaning the cache and cookies
If you have cookies enabled but are still having problems, clear your browser cache and cookies.
Adjust your privacy settings
If clearing your cache and cookies doesn’t solve the problem, try changing your browser’s privacy settings. If your settings are set to “high,” manually add www.google.com to the list of allowed sites.
What causes the “We found a problem with your cookie settings” error message?
This error is not limited to one browser but can occur in different browsers, such as Opera, Firefox, and Brave. As the error message suggests, this error is caused by your browser’s cookie settings. Nevertheless, in this article, we will discuss the error message and then show you how to easily solve the problem. So let’s get started. As we mentioned before, the error message appears when you try to access YouTube, Google, or Gmail. The reason for the error message is quite simple and is mentioned in the error message. The problem occurs when your cookies are corrupt or when your browser performs an action specified in your browser’s cookie settings.
How do I fix the error message “We found a problem with your cookie settings”?
Delete all cookies
To fix this problem, you need to delete all cookies, as we mentioned before. This solution has worked for many users and will hopefully solve your problem as well. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- In the upper right corner, click Advanced, and then click Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down until you see Cookies and site data.
- Click Clear data.
- Make sure both are selected and click Delete.
- Try accessing the sites again.
- Open Opera.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Advanced > Privacy & Security.
- Under “Privacy & Security”, find “Clear Browser Data” and click on it.
- Make sure that “Cookies” and other website data are checked.
- For the time range, select All Time.
- Finally, click “Clear Data.”
- Check to see if the problem remains.
Note: If you are using Opera, check the default setting to delete cookies. If the problem repeats, you can try changing this value and follow the steps above. This will solve the problem.
- Open Brave and click the menu button.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down list.
- Go to the security section on the left.
- Click Clear Browser Data Now.
- Make sure that your browsing history, all website cookies, and saved website settings and permissions are selected. (You can also check each box to be sure).
- Click Delete.
- Then check to see if the problem is still there.
Using Gmail in incognito mode in Chrome or Mozilla.
Disabling Chrome/Mozilla extensions
Try disabling Chrome extensions one by one to see if that fixes the “We found a problem with cookie settings” error.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click on the “More” icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select Settings.
- Go to the “More” section.
- Click on the “Reset and Clear” section, then click on the “Reset” button.
- Click the “Reset Settings” button again to confirm.
Frequently Asked Questions
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the upper right corner, click More. Settings.
- Under the Privacy and Security heading, click Site Settings.
- Click on Cookies.
- From here, you can: enable cookies: Turn on the switch next to "Blocked". Disable cookies: Deactivate the "Allow sites to store and read cookie data" option.
- Select "Settings" from the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of your browser.
- At the bottom of the page, click the View Advanced Settings button.
- Under Privacy, select Content Settings. To manage your cookie settings, turn the options under Cookies on or off.
- Open the "Browser.
- Press "Menu
- Click "Settings
- Press "Privacy & Security
- Check the "Accept Cookies" box.
From the Chrome menu at the top right of your browser, select "Settings." Click on "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the page. To manage cookie settings, enable or disable options under "Cookies." To view or delete individual cookies, click "All cookies and location data" and hover your mouse over the entry.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.