Many Vudu users may have encountered a similar problem. If you’ve been here, you must be one of them. Vudu is an online service for renting, buying, watching movies and TV shows, and digital disc services. However, many Vudu customers are reporting a Vudu code 28 error on smart TVs, Roku, PS4, etc. The connection failure has kept them away from these services. If you are looking for a solution or troubleshooting for Vudu error code 28, this Techquack guide will help you. Here we would like to show you the possible solutions to fix Vudu error code 28.
What is the cause of Vudu error code 28?
Closed Port: All applications and software need ports to communicate with the Internet, and these ports can sometimes overlap, so that the application cannot access the Internet. In some cases, the ports may be disabled by the firewall and the Internet Service Provider may not allow access to these ports.
Antivirus: In some cases, antivirus software may also prevent an application from accessing the Internet. Antivirus programs can often prevent an application from accessing the Internet because they can classify it as suspicious. These types of false positives are quite common in both Windows and third-party antivirus programs. Therefore, it is recommended to temporarily disable the antivirus program.
Double NAT Configuration: Also keep in mind that most applications may not work with Double NAT IP configuration and if your router is configured with Double NAT, you will need to contact your ISP to change this.
How do I fix the “error code 28” on Vudu?
Turn off the firewall
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Updates and security.
- Click Windows Security.
- Open Firewall and Network Protection.
- Click on the currently active network,
- Scroll down and toggle the switch to disable the Windows Firewall.
- Close the Settings window.
- If you use third-party antivirus software with the firewall, disable the firewall as well.
- Open Vudu and check for improvements.
- If the application works without errors, you may need to add it to your whitelist.
Add Vudu to the exception list
- Press the Windows + R keys to open Run.
- Type Control and click OK.
- Click System and Security.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left pane, click Allow an application or feature through the Windows Defender firewall.
- Click the Change Settings button. This may require administrator privileges.
- Scroll down and click Allow another application.
- In the Add Application window, click the Browse button.
- Navigate to the Vudu installation directory and select the Vudu.exe file.
- Click Open, then click Add.
- Once added, don’t forget to check the Public and Private checkboxes.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Close the control panel window.
Be sure to turn on the Windows Defender firewall before you run the Vudu application. If all went well, you should be able to use the application without errors.
Reset your Internet modem
- Unplug the modem’s power cord and also unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- If your modem is equipped with batteries, remove them as well.
- Wait a minute and leave the modem inactive for this time.
- Replace the batteries (if any) and plug in the power cord.
- After connecting the power, wait a few minutes to complete the reset process. The modem lights should be on.
- Connect the device to the Internet and verify that the Vudu application works without any problems.
- If you are using a modem with a separate WiFi router, be sure to reset the WiFi router as well.
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Under the Installed Apps tab, find Vudu.
- Select Vudu and click Uninstall.
- Confirm the action by clicking Yes.
- Download and install the application from the Microsoft Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
Roku Vudu 28 error code occurs in Vudu service when the network connection is blocked. It can also occur due to misconfigured system files, which can cause problems with the registry in your operating system. A registry error occurs when new applications are launched without properly removing old ones.
Code 28 errors are usually caused by a lack of drivers for a device, where the error appears in the device manager. Updating the device drivers almost always solves the problem. If that doesn't work, it is likely that the hardware has a physical problem and needs to be replaced.
You can watch Vudu on smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles (Xbox One/S/X, PlayStation 3 and 4), streaming devices (Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc.), Nvidia screen, Android and iOS devices, Windows 10 devices, etc.
In computer programming, a return code or error code is a numeric or alphanumeric code used to determine the nature of the error and the cause of the error.