One of the most common problems you encounter when installing iTunes or connecting your device is the “Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start” error message. Make sure you have enough rights to start system services. This problem usually occurs when users update their version of iTunes, corrupting components and files so that the service needed to start the application and keep it running properly cannot be started.
The methods listed below require uninstalling iTunes, Apple, and related components. You can do this safely as it will not affect the iTunes library. The library will be saved and should be imported automatically, otherwise, it can be imported manually.
What causes an Apple mobile device to fail to load?
- Outdated iOS devices are sometimes no longer compatible with the latest Apple services and cause a similar annoying problem.
- Often we use an outdated version of iTunes and it no longer works. As a result, it displays a startup error without updating it.
- QTMovieWin is an executable, but not directly executable. It acts as an implementation of shared libraries. Therefore, crashes in these EXEs cause this iTunes error.
How to resolve an Apple mobile device that failed to load?
Uninstalling Apple apps
- Go to the “Add/Remove Programs” section in the Control Panel.
- Uninstall Apple apps in this order: iTunes, Quicktime, Bonjour, and AMDS.
- Reboot your computer.
- Go to the official itunes.com website and download the latest version of the app.
- When the iTunes icon appears on your desktop, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- When the installation is complete, do not click Finish. Connect your iPhone, iPod, or other desired device to your computer and wait for the driver to install.
- When the installation is complete, you can click Finish.
Use “Authorize Disk Recovery”
- Go to “Programs” and select “Utilities.
- Double-click Disk Utility.
- Select Mac Hard Drive and go to Check Disk Access and Recovery.
- Authorize the drive.
- Select Repair Disk Access and wait for the recovery to complete.
- Open iTunes and check if the “Apple Mobile Device could not be started” message is still displayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Disconnect your device from your computer.
- Reconnect the device. If iTunes opens, close it.
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open Run.
- In the Run window, type: %Program Files%Common FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDriver.
- Click OK.
- Right-click on the "usbaapl64.inf" or "usbaapl.inf" file and select Install.
- Update your Mac or PC. Install updates for your Mac.
- Connect your machine directly to your computer.
- Check your computer's security software.
- Try again.
AMD Radeon Software (formerly called ATI Catalyst and AMD Catalyst) is a device driver and utility for graphics cards and APUs from Advanced Micro Devices. It was developed using the Qt toolkit and runs on Microsoft Windows and Linux, on 32 and 64-bit x86 processors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.