If Adobe Creative Cloud fails to open, install, or update, such as Photoshop CC, Lightroom, Illustrator CC, you should uninstall and reinstall Creative Cloud to resolve the error. However, Adobe Creative Cloud does not uninstall, giving errors such as “unable to uninstall Creative Cloud for desktop”, “uninstallation of Creative Cloud for desktop completed with errors”.
If you are unable to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud as described above, follow the tips below to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud in Windows.
What are the reasons why Adobe Creative Cloud cannot be uninstalled?
The main reason why Adobe Creative Cloud cannot be uninstalled is because of the unordered uninstall method. First of all, you need to enter your credentials in order to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud correctly. Sometimes you are even asked to use different credentials.
In any case, it is designed to force the user to log in or connect to the Internet in order to completely uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud.
Most people who complain that they cannot uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud may encounter this scenario. The solution to this problem is to log in, which brings us to the first entry.
How to resolve the ‘Can’t Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud’ problem?
Launch the Adobe CC cleanup tool
Fortunately, Adobe has released a cleanup tool that automatically detects all the Creative Cloud modules installed on your computer and removes them instantly.
This includes registry settings, local storage, and temporary files. Note, however, that your trial version will not be upgraded, and you will not be able to use other free Adobe products until you have properly registered.
- Go to the official Adobe CC Cleanup Tool website.
- Now select the correct version of your operating system. In this case: Windows.
- After selecting your operating system, perform the following steps.
- Press Windows + R, type “appwiz.CPL” in the dialog box, and press Enter.
- Find Adobe CC and, by right-clicking, select Uninstall.
- If you failed to uninstall the program this way, don’t worry and continue with the solution.
- Now go to step six and download the executable file to an available location.
- Once the download is complete, right-click on the application and select Run as administrator.
- After a while, a tooltip with a list of options will appear.
- Select the option that suits your situation and press Enter.
- The cleaner will now proceed to uninstall and remove the program(s) from your computer.
- Restart your computer and make sure that the applications are removed from the system.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the main menu, go to Tools. Then select the Uninstall tab and find the Adobe Desktop application there. To start the process, click the Uninstall button in the upper right corner. The uninstall tool will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, so do so.
If you get an installation error, make sure no other applications or system updates are running in the background while you install Creative Cloud Desktop. Another option is to restart your computer before installing the Creative Cloud Desktop application.
- Open the Start menu.
- Find "Add or Remove Programs."
- Click on the search results titled "Add or Remove Programs."
- Find and select the specific software you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Then simply follow the instructions on the screen.
Press Windows + R, type "appwiz.cpl" in the dialog box, and press Enter. Find Adobe CC and select "Uninstall" after right-clicking. If you failed to uninstall the program this way, don't worry and continue with the solution.