Some Xbox One users encounter error 0x87de2713. We know that this error occurs when users try to launch their video games or apps. It’s a pretty nasty error, but it can be fixed with a little bit of effort.
According to what we found out, the error indicates that the Xbox One system can’t find the game, whether it’s a physical game or a digital game. The same is true for apps, so we can immediately see the extent of the problem.
We’ve seen this error before, and we can tell you that it doesn’t take much effort to fix it. We can only hope that some users do not have a more serious problem that requires more interaction than usual.
What causes error 0x87de2713?
Firmware error: Another possible cause of this problem is a software error. Several affected users have reported that the problem occurred in their case after a failed firmware update. If this scenario applies, you can solve the problem by turning off the power.
Xbox servers are down: In most cases, this problem occurs when one or more Xbox One Core services are down or experiencing problems. Outages and DDoS attacks are the most common causes of this problem. In this case, you can fix the problem by switching the console to offline mode and disabling the test attempt.
How to solve the error 0x87de2713 in Xbox One?
Turn on offline mode on your console
- Press the menu button on your controller.
- Select Settings.
- You can now use the tabs at the top to access the network settings window.
- Select Go Offline, and the network status will change to Offline.
- Now select the Network Settings menu and go to the Disconnect option.
While offline, your Xbox will not connect to the network, so there will be no interruption to the Xbox Live service or possible attack. If the problem persists, disable offline mode by returning to the Network screen and selecting Go Online.
We made it clear from the start that crashes and DDoS attacks are common causes of Xbox problem 0x87de2713. The best recommendation to solve this problem is to switch the console to offline mode.
Reboot your Xbox console
If the Xbox 0x87de2713 error message appears after a failed firmware update, you can rightly suspect a firmware error. The most important step in solving this problem is to reboot. So let us guide you.
- Make sure your console is fully powered on.
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of the controller to open the power center.
- Then select Restart Console.
- If you see the Xbox animation, it means that the restart process you just performed was successful.
You can also turn off the console by pressing and holding the Xbox button for about 10 seconds or until the front light stops flashing. After that, the console will turn off. Turn it back on by waiting at least one minute while pressing the Xbox button on the console.
Delete the account and add it back to the console
Some users also claim to have solved this problem by deleting their accounts from the Xbox. When you delete your Microsoft account from your Xbox console, you don’t even need to log in to that account. It only takes a few minutes to re-add your account, so please follow the steps above.
- Click the Xbox button.
- Now go to the following path: System -> Settings -> Account -> Delete Accounts.
- Select the account you want to delete and confirm your selection by clicking the Delete button.
- When finished, select Close.
- Click the Xbox button again to start the second part of the process.
- Select your game pick in the upper-left corner of the screen, scroll down, and select Add New.
- Enter the email address of the same Microsoft account you want to add.
- Select Enter.
- Enter the password and select Enter.
- Follow the steps to configure login and security settings to add the account to the console.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the app won't start, try the following solution. Press and hold the Xbox button on the controller. Select Restart Console -> Restart. After restarting, try restarting the app again.
- Press the Xbox button to open the instructions.
- Choose Profile and System -> Settings -> System -> Console Info.
- Select Reset Console.
- On the console reset screen, you will see three options: Reset and Delete All. This option returns the console to its factory settings.
Restart your console. Uninstall the app and install it again. Check the status of the Xbox Live service / restart the app / restart the Xbox One console. Restart your Xbox One console to fix the problem My games and apps aren't opening.
Make sure you're using an official Xbox hard drive, as some games can only be played with that hard drive. Clear your Xbox's cache by turning off the console, holding down the power button, unplugging the power cord from the console, and pressing the power button to drain the battery.