In some cases, an HP service error 79 may occur on your printer. This is a service error that can indicate that a print job has become defective. The occurrence of this error can also mean that your HP printer firmware has not been updated. The HP printer spooler may then fail to communicate with your machine.
In this article, we will look at the cause of the error 79 service on HP printers and how to fix it.
Causes of service error 79 on HP printers
- Firmware failure: In some cases, this problem can occur if the firmware you have on your printer fails and refuses to accept new print jobs.
- Printer Queue Failure: If the HP printer is connected to a Windows 10 computer, this error may be due to a printer queue failure.
- Basic hardware problem: In some circumstances, this problem may be caused by a hardware problem that cannot be solved by a layperson.
- Outdated printer firmware: It turns out that this problem can also occur if your printer is waiting to install an important firmware update before it can resume active print jobs.
How to resolve service error 79 on HP printers?
Turn the printer off and then back on
If your HP printer displays this type of error 79, it is probably an internal firmware error.
- Turn the printer off.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Wait for the printer to initialize.
Reinstall the drivers
- Type Control Panel in the Windows search bar and open Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall all HP printing software.
- Right-click Start and open Device Manager.
- Under Printer Queues, uninstall the HP device by uninstalling it.
- Restart your computer and wait for the driver to install automatically.
- Reinstall the appropriate HP software and hopefully, that will solve the problem.
Removing and reinstalling the DIMM module
- Turn off the printer.
- Then remove the DIMM module.
- Reinstall the DIMM to make sure it is properly installed in the printer.
- Turn on the HP printer.
Remove or replace the DIMM module
- Remove all installed DIMMS modules
- Perform another test with the HP printer.
- If the print result is correct, install a DIMM module supported by your printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Locate the on/off switch on the bottom of the printer.
- Set the switch to Off and SOUTH on 10.
- Turn the printer back on and the system should work normally.
Service error 79 on HP printers means that the print job is corrupt or the printer firmware has not been updated. As a result, the spooler cannot communicate with the printer.
- With the printer on, unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the power outlet and the printer. Note: HP recommends that you plug the printer directly into an outlet.