- Microsoft Outlook error code 0x80042109 is a problem that occurs when sending messages through Microsoft Outlook.
- Outgoing emails cannot reach the recipient, and a message appears on the screen informing you that there’s a problem with the mail server.
- If you get the first error message, it means that you are having problems connecting to the Internet and cannot send emails successfully.
- The second message indicates that Outlook has stopped responding and you can no longer perform any actions.
Description: //./root/CIMV2SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA “Win32_Processor” AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 990×80041003
It is a very common error message in Microsoft Outlook that causes a user to receive the message 0x8004210b. Here’s a tutorial to help you understand what causes Error 0x8004210B and how it can be fixed.
Outgoing emails cannot reach the recipient due to an error code 0x80042109 in Microsoft Outlook. You receive a message on your screen stating the mail server is having a problem. Although the problem seems to be a result of some sort of change, the user usually hasn’t taken any action to resolve it.
Microsoft Outlook users encounter this problem when they attempt to send emails through the program. When they try to send out an email, the following error message appears:
In some instances, Windows errors are caused by system slowdowns, crashes, freezes, or similar issues, while in others they appear without warning. If you try to use Microsoft Outlook, you encounter software errors, which usually appear as BSOD windows or pop-up notifications.
What causes error 0x80042109 in Outlook?
When users attempt to send emails through Microsoft Outlook, they receive error code 0x80042109. The email fails to reach its destination, and an error message appears telling them that the mail server is malfunctioning. Outlook is the only problem affected by this problem. It does not affect other system processes. It doesn’t cause the system to freeze, slow down or crash.
A first error message indicates a connection problem with the Internet, and you cannot send emails. A second error message indicates that Outlook has stopped responding, making it impossible for you to perform any actions. You cannot configure, update, or send or receive emails with the program.
Our solutions will enable you to send and receive emails successfully regardless of whether you encounter error 0x80042109 or error 0x800ccc0e.
How to solve the Outlook error 0x80042109?
In this case, you are unable to send or receive emails because your email client can’t connect to the servers.
If, after trying each of the above methods, still the Outlook 2007 error 0x80042109 persists, then probably, the PST files have gone corrupted. In such a case, the Outlook PST files cannot be restore without professional assistance. But, if you are in shortage of time, then we have got a quick tool Outlook PST Recovery for PST Recovery. This tool gives you instant professional assistance to repair PST files that failed and gave Outlook sending error with all the other methods. With it, you can restore all attachments with the PST file without any file size restrictions. Try this tool to get back all damaged or corrupted PST files with just a click, today.
Getting the sending error reported 0x80042109 may be caused by an incorrect installation of Outlook. You must, therefore, reinstall Outlook on your computer if you wish to eliminate this error. After reinstalling Outlook, the user needs to uninstall it and then reinstall it. The ‘Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing SMTP email server’ issue will have been resolved if the email is sent successfully after the reinstallation process has been completed.
This error message appears when Outlook is unable to connect to the outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive it, change your outgoing SMTP server settings or contact your ISP.
If your connection is bad and you are sure that this is the reason for the Outlook error, you should perform the following steps to check the connection:
- Modem and router should be restarted.
- Make the switch from wireless to wired.
- Your computer needs to be rebooted.
- VPN and proxy servers should be temporarily disabled.
- Windows’ troubleshooter should be run.
You should be able to solve the problem once your connection is stable again.
Reconfigure the firewall
It happens from time to time, but the Windows firewall often does not block trusted Windows features, such as Outlook. The following steps can be used to ensure your firewall actually gives Outlook access to the Internet.
- Firewall can be opened by typing it in the search bar in Windows.
- To allow an application or feature to run through Windows Firewall, click on the Allow tab on the left pane.
- You can change the settings by clicking “Change settings”.
- For both public and private networks, find and enable these 2 processes:
The Outlook program (Outlook.exe)
The Outlook Express version of MSIMN is called MSIMN.exe.
- Restart your computer after you have confirmed the changes.
Changing the Outbound Port
Mail can’t be sent through this port value because many ISPs block it.
This scenario presents you with two options:
- 26 should be set as the SMTP value.
- Choose 587 as your TLS port.
Follow these instructions and everything will be fine. This is a proven solution that allows you to use a non-standard port value:
- Open Outlook.
- Select Tools.
- Change the settings of your account.
- You will need to double-click the faulty address to fix it.
- Change the settings to Advanced.
- Open Advanced.
- You should select TLS encryption when configuring your outgoing SMTP server.
- The changes should be verified after you confirm the selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error 0x80042109 in Outlook?
- Start Outlook, then click Tools.
- Go to Account Settings, then double-click the email address.
- Select Advanced Settings, then click Advanced.
- Change the SMTP port on the outgoing server to 587, then select TLS encryption.
- Confirm your changes.
How do I fix the error in Outlook?
- Make sure you have an Internet connection.
- Check your Outlook email account settings.
- Delete the suspicious message from your mailbox.
- Check your firewall settings and disable email scanning with an anti-virus program.
- Restore Outlook or Outlook Express.
What is error 0x80042109 in Outlook?
If you get Outlook error 0x80042109, your recipient cannot receive your email. An error message that appears when you send an email through Outlook indicates a problem with your mail server. It could be due to Internet connection problems or Outlook not responding.
How do I get rid of the error message in Outlook?
- Use keyboard shortcuts to delete.
- Delete deleted items.
- Edit emails marked for deletion.
- Mark items for deletion in the settings.
- Use the inbox recovery tool.
- Restart Outlook in safe mode.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.