- The Realtek PCIe GBE family controller is not compatible with Windows 10.
- It is a Realtek controller chipset that connects your computer’s mainframe PCI Express (PCIe) bus to GBE (Giga Band Ethernet) In addition, it also allows you to connect your computer to a wired Internet network so that your computer works with the Internet.
- The only way to solve this problem is to buy a new card.
Troubleshooting network connectivity issues can be a daunting task, especially when faced with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working. In this article, we delve into common causes behind this problem and provide simple yet effective solutions to get your network connection up and running smoothly again.
Understanding the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Issue
If you’re experiencing issues with your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, follow these steps to fix the problem:
1. Uninstall and reinstall the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver. Go to the Device Manager by pressing the Windows key + X and selecting Device Manager. Locate the Network adapters section, right-click on the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, and select Uninstall. Then, restart your PC and let Windows automatically reinstall the driver.
2. Check your Ethernet cable and connection. Make sure the cable is securely plugged in and not damaged. Try connecting to a different Ethernet port on your router or modem to rule out any hardware issues.
3. Update your network drivers. Visit the Realtek website and download the latest driver for your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Install the driver and restart your PC.
4. Check for Windows updates. Open the Settings app, go to Update & Security, and click on Check for updates. Install any available updates, as they may include fixes for the issue.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working problem and restore your Ethernet connection.
Fixes for the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Not Working Problem
Fix Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Not Working
If your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is not working, there are a few fixes you can try.
First, uninstall and reinstall the Realtek drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key and type “Device Manager.”
2. Open the Device Manager and expand the “Network adapters” section.
3. Right-click on the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and select “Uninstall device.”
4. Restart your computer and the driver will be automatically reinstalled.
If that doesn’t work, you can try updating the driver. Go to the Realtek website and download the latest driver for your specific model.
Another fix you can try is disabling power optimization for the Ethernet adapter. To do this:
1. Press the Windows key and type “Power & sleep settings.”
2. Open the Power & sleep settings and click on “Additional power settings” on the right side.
3. Click on “Change plan settings” for your current power plan.
4. Select “Change advanced power settings” and expand the “Network adapter” section.
5. Set “Power saving mode” to “Maximum performance.”
These fixes should help resolve any issues with the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working.
Checking for Updates and Restoring Windows
To fix the issue of the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working, you can follow these steps:
1. Check for Updates: Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on “Check for updates.” Install any available updates.
2. Restore Windows: If updating doesn’t resolve the problem, you can try restoring Windows to a previous point when the Realtek controller was working fine. Open the Start menu, search for “Restore,” and select “Create a restore point.” Then click on “System Restore” and follow the instructions to restore your system.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall Realtek: If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver. Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager. Expand the “Network adapters” category, right-click on the Realtek controller, and select “Uninstall device.” Restart your computer, and Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.
Remember, always make sure you download drivers from official websites to ensure safety and compatibility with your hardware.
These steps should help resolve the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working issue and get your Ethernet connection back up and running.
Updating and Reinstalling the Driver
Updating and reinstalling the driver for the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is a straightforward process that can help resolve issues with the controller not working properly. Here’s how you can do it:
First, open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start menu and selecting “Device Manager.”
In the Device Manager window, expand the “Network adapters” category and locate the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
Right-click on the controller and select “Uninstall device.” Confirm the uninstallation if prompted.
Once the driver is uninstalled, restart your computer.
After the restart, Windows will automatically reinstall the driver for the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. However, if it doesn’t, you can manually install the driver by following these steps:
Go to the Realtek website or your computer manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver for the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
Open the downloaded driver file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Once the driver is installed, restart your computer again.
By updating or reinstalling the driver, you can often fix issues with the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working properly.
Using Driver Booster to Resolve Network Failure
If you’re experiencing network failure with your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Driver Booster can help you resolve the issue quickly and efficiently. Follow these steps to get your network connection back up and running:
1. Launch Driver Booster and click on the “Scan” button to scan your PC for outdated or missing drivers.
2. After the scan is complete, locate the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver in the list of drivers that need updating.
3. Check the box next to the Realtek driver and click on the “Update” button.
4. Driver Booster will automatically download and install the latest version of the driver for your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
5. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer to apply the changes.
By using Driver Booster, you can easily update your network driver and resolve any network failure issues you may be experiencing with your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
Changing Network Controller Settings and Considering Alternative Network Adapters
To change Network Controller Settings and consider alternative Network Adapters for fixing the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working issue, follow these steps:
1. Uninstall and Reinstall Realtek: Open Device Manager, locate the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller under Network Adapters, right-click on it, and select Uninstall. Then, restart your computer and reinstall the latest Realtek LAN driver from the manufacturer’s website.
2. Consider Alternative Network Adapters: If the issue persists, you can try using a different network adapter. Open Device Manager, right-click on the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, select Update driver, and choose Browse my computer for drivers. Then, select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and choose an alternative network adapter from the list.
3. Optimize Network Controller Settings: Open the Network Connections window, locate the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, right-click on it, and select Properties. In the Properties window, go to the Advanced tab and adjust settings such as Flow Control, Jumbo Frame, and Wake On LAN according to your network requirements.
Remember to restart your computer after making any changes. These steps should help resolve the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working issue and improve your network connectivity.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.