Toshiba laptops often face various problems and breakdowns. But none of these problems are more complicated than the black screen problem of the Toshiba laptop on startup.
This error can occur without any prior warning or notification. There could be several reasons for this problem to occur. It could be due to corrupted files in the operating system or problems with the laptop screen. Whatever the cause of the black screen on your Toshiba laptop, we have six solutions to help you solve the problem.
What causes the black screen problem on Toshiba laptops?
Many factors cause Toshiba screen error, and here we will mention some of the most important ones.
- Connectivity issues
- Problematic peripherals
- Hardware-related problems
- Damaged operating system
- Display configuration is not correct
- Outdated or corrupted graphics card driver
How do I repair my Toshiba Notebook Black Screen Problem?
Reset your Toshiba Notebook
- Switch your notebook off.
- Remove all external devices, including USB memory sticks, Bluetooth devices, and headphones.
- Remove the power adapter cable, hard drives, and battery (if the battery is removable).
- Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds, then release it. The notebook may boot up and shut down during this time.
- Reconnect the power and the battery (if the battery is removable).
- Press the power button, as usual, to turn the Toshiba laptop on.
Update the video card driver
Manually check with the manufacturer for the latest video card driver, download it and install it on your laptop. This requires time and computer skills. We recommend this procedure if you are confident in your computer skills.
If you don’t have the time, you can also do it automatically with a third-party program.
Pressing the Shift + F8 + Power key
- Turn off your Toshiba laptop.
- Unplug the power cord and remove the battery (if it’s removable).
- Replace the battery and reconnect the power cord.
- Press the Shift key, the F8 key, and the Power key on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Wait for the laptop to boot up.
Performing Fn + F5 keys
- Turn the Toshiba laptop off.
- Press and hold the Power key, the Fn key, and the F5 key simultaneously for 60 seconds. Repeat this step 5 times.
- Press the power button, as usual, to turn the laptop on.
Frequently Asked Questions
There may be a problem with the laptop's graphics card. Laptop overheating can also cause your Toshiba laptop screen to turn black at startup. Some hardware problems such as loose cables, bad LCD power converter, and bad backlight can also cause the black screen of the Toshiba laptop.
One of the main causes of this problem is a corrupt system file that prevents the operating system from booting, resulting in a black or blank screen. Restart Windows to see if this is a temporary problem that can be resolved by rebooting. If the problem persists, wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows.
Problem with your laptop operating system. Hardware problems such as loose cables, bad LCD power converter, and bad backlight can also cause the black screen of the Toshiba laptop.