The Nvidia Control Panel is software that allows you to easily configure the hardware settings of your graphics card (GPU) and media processor (MCP). Before the company released this product, users had to dive right into the BIOS to configure the hardware settings. Frankly, it was quite boring.
Now, all you have to do is open the Control Panel and configure the settings. You can assign different processors to certain programs, adjust your PC’s fan settings, and adjust the color profile for the best PC experience. This is a popular software for gamers, video editors, and other media professionals. But it can be a little tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing.
We created this guide to help you install and find the Nvidia Control Panel on your computer. We also answer some frequently asked questions at the end of the guide to help you get started.
What causes the “I can’t download the Nvidia Control Panel” problem?
In most cases, the NVIDIA control panel disappears because you’re using the wrong graphics driver or it’s out of date. So you need to check if your video card has the correct driver and update it if not. To update drivers manually, you will need computer skills and patience, as you will need to find the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
The Nvidia Control Panel is an important part of this process, as this is where you can adjust the video settings on your GPU. Because of its importance, this problem is quite serious, which is why we created this step-by-step guide to help you download it again.
To solve the “Nvidia Control Panel cannot be downloaded” problem
Delete temporary files
- Open the Start menu.
- Enter Disk Cleanup and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
- Select the drive you want to clean, then press OK.
- Select Clear system files.
- Select the types of files you want to delete.
- To get a description of the file type, select it.
- Select OK.
- Perform a full cleanup, which also removes temporary files.
You can now try to download the Nvidia Control Panel, and this time it should install without errors. Once the installation is complete, you’ll have the option to right-click again to adjust your graphics settings.
Updating Windows 10
- Click Start
- Select the settings
- Click the gear button.
- Select Update and security
- Click Check for updates
- If updates are already pending, select Download Now.
Update your Nvidia GPU driver
Normally, any Nvidia driver updates should also come with Windows 10 updates running. However, if it doesn’t, you can update them manually by following these steps:
- Press Windows + X.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the display adapter tree
- Right-click on your Nvidia GPU.
- Choose a driver update
Download Nvidia DCH driver
Perform an advanced search on the Nvidia website and download the DCH driver version you need. This component is identical to the default driver, except that it no longer contains the Nvidia control panel. So download and install the appropriate driver, then simply reboot your PC and try installing the Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft Store again.
If you follow the above steps, you will no longer have problems downloading and installing the Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
The NVIDIA Control Panel is only installed with the latest drivers for your video card, so you need to download and install them. After you reboot, the control panel should be available in the Windows 7 Infobar.
- Type "control" in the Startup dialog box and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the control panel, under View by, select Large icons.
- Select the NVIDIA control panel.
- In the NVIDIA Control Panel, click View or Desktop, and then select Add Desktop Popup Menu.
- Click the Start button, then click the gear icon to open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- On the left menu, click Applications and Features.
- In the search box, find the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Now follow the link to install the Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft Store and install.
Make sure that you have installed the correct driver version. Go to the official Nvidia support site here. Make sure you select the appropriate product and system and use the latest version. You can also try downloading an older version, as this has solved the problem for some users.