- Hulu users are reporting a playback failure with error code 5005, especially on Xbox One and PC.
- This means that there is a problem when trying to play video content in the Hulu app.
- The problem could be a problem with your streaming device or Internet connection.
- How to fix the problem? Check the time and date settings in Windows and Google Chrome in your browser.
- Change your DNS server settings in Google Chrome and reinstall the app.
Hulu Playback Failure
The video may freeze, flicker, go out of sync with subtitles, and audio may also become out of sync when there is a playback failure on Hulu.
Hulu Playback Issues
Your streaming device must be closed completely before you can reopen the Hulu app.
The 5005 error code is frequently reported by Hulu users when trying to play certain media from their account. PCs and Xbox Ones are typically affected by the problem.
There is a problem playing video content on the Hulu app as users report playback failures with error code 5005. Detailed error messages are as follows:
If there is an issue with your Internet connection, please check it and try again. You can also get more help on Hulu’s help page.
There is an error code of 5005
In the world of streaming services, Hulu is one of the most recognizable brands. You feel awful when you run into the Hulu error 5005 issue on your Hulu application account because you do not want to lose the shows and movies you watch every day. Therefore, we are here to encourage you. What you need to do if your Hulu application is entangled. You just have to contact Hulu professionals to fix it.
In the same way as any other technical application, Hulu also can show some errors that are typically caused by issues with the internet connection, streaming devices, browsers, or the app itself. For instance, Hulu switch profile errors or Hulu error 5005 can be fixed by restarting or resetting your Hulu app.
What is causing the 5005 error code on Hulu?
- Streaming devices or Internet connections may be to blame.
- A Hulu app issue may be to blame in some cases.
How to fix the Hulu 5005 error code?
Your browser needs to be updated
- Chrome’s Settings and Control menu can be found by clicking on the menu button.
- You can find out more about Google Chrome by selecting Help – About Google Chrome.
- After updating Google Chrome, restart it.
Check the time and date settings in Windows
- Windows’ “Enter here to search” field lets you check the time.
- To open the date and time settings window, click on the date and time settings button.
- When choosing the Time Zone drop-down menu, ensure that it is set to the correct time zone.
- If it is activated, deactivate Set time zone automatically.
- You will see a window that says Edit once you click it.
- Click Edit after you’ve checked the time and date settings.
Reinstall the Hulu app
- Windows 10’s taskbar includes a search button. Click it.
- The search tool can be found by typing “apps.”
- The Settings tab can be accessed by clicking Apps & Features.
- Click Uninstall on Hulu’s app.
- Once Hulu has been uninstalled, restart Windows.
- Reinstalling Hulu can then be done on the Hulu page by clicking Get.
Change your DNS settings
- To open Run, press Windows + R.
- In the Open field, enter ncpa.CPL and click OK.
- You can view the network connection’s properties by selecting it from the right-click menu.
- You can access the properties of Internet Protocol version 4 by selecting it.
- By selecting the radio button, you can use any of the following DNS server addresses.
- Please enter 188.8.131.52 as your preferred DNS server.
- You can enter 184.108.40.206 as an Alternative DNS server.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I getting an error when playing a video on Hulu?
This error code can occur if you are using an outdated version of the Hulu app. Another reason that can cause this error is a problem with the Hulu server. In this case, all you have to do is wait for the Hulu technicians to fix the error.
What causes the Hulu error code 5005?
- In some cases, it is a problem with the Hulu application.
- It could also be a problem with your streaming device or Internet connection.
How to resolve the Hulu 5005 error code?
- Click the Settings and Control menu button in Google Chrome.
- Select Help -> About Google Chrome.
- Then restart Google Chrome after updating your browser.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.