- Google Chrome’s ability in Gmail to auto-complete features, payment methods, and addresses make web browsing much easier.
- Faulty versions of Chrome, improperly configured autofill settings, corrupt user profiles, etc. â€“ all of these can make the problem worse.
- In some cases, auto-entry doesn’t work because of issues with your browser.
- To fix Gmail autocomplete problem, open Gmail on a different browser using Opera or Chrome incognito mode.
Gmail uses its algorithm to mark emails as spam and important. You can schedule your emails or send them directly and attach your documents, images, audio files, video files, or any other file. Similarly, Gmail can help you write your email through its capability to autocomplete text and can help you in replying to emails. While sending an email, Gmail will automatically suggest a bunch of related email addresses based on your contacts and previous emails. But do you find the email autofill feature annoying, or you don’t like it? This article will guide you on how to delete email addresses from Gmail autofill on Android and remove email suggestions from Gmail app. It will also help you know how to remove an email account from Google and delete a Gmail address from your iPhone.
People change email addresses rarely in the past. Nowadays, people change jobs and have multiple email addresses. Some email programs won’t get rid of old addresses, which can cause self-completion problems. In a Gmail user’s case, they sent an e-mail to a colleague’s old work address by mistake. Here’s how you can fix Gmail’s auto-completion problem without experiencing awkward moments.
Learn how to make Google forget email addresses that are incorrect so you don’t waste precious seconds filling in autofill forms.
It is much easier to browse the web with Google Chrome because of its auto-complete features, payment methods, and addresses in Gmail. In this article, we’re going to look at how to fix chrome autofill not working when automatic messages do not appear on some sites or everywhere you go.
The Smart Compose feature should now be working in Gmail. When you open a new email window and begin typing, Gmail will show suggestions in light grey text. Press the tab key on your keyboard if you wish to accept the suggestion. If you wish to reject the suggestion, simply keep typing, and it will disappear.
In addition to faulty Chrome versions, improperly configured autofill settings, corrupt user profiles, etc., there are other factors that can cause Gmail’s autofill feature to not work on your desktop or mobile device.
You don’t need to shell out money for your business to have a feature-rich email service accessible over the Internet. Google’s Gmail lets you write, edit and store emails and offers many advanced features that commercial email programs like Microsoft Outlook have. One such feature is Auto Populate. As you start to type letters in the “To:” field, Gmail will automatically fill the field with names from your contact list that match the letters you type. While you cannot directly deactivate the feature, you can disable it by not allowing new contacts to be added to the Auto Populate list.
The autocomplete option in Gmail allows users to choose an email address from a list of suggested contacts when they type something into the “To” field. Users may not always be able to use this feature.
Why Gmail’s autocompleting feature doesn’t work
- In the case of Gmail, where you enter an address in the “To:” field, Gmail automatically adds that address to your Google contacts. This is part of the problem with many other email programs. In Google, as soon as you click “Send,” you automatically add [email protected] to your contacts list.
- The best way to fix this problem is to update Chrome, which is, in general, a very stable browser, but it does have its share of bugs.
- Chrome’s latest version fixes known issues, including self-completion. If you are using a buggy version of Chrome, the new version can help fix it.
- Creating a new profile from scratch is necessary to resolve the problem of a corrupt user profile. If you follow the steps below, all your locally saved data will be lost. Before beginning, ensure you back up all of your data to Google’s servers and make sure you have checked your Chrome Sync settings.
To fix Gmail autocomplete problem, follow these steps
There is a new bug affecting Gmail’s autocomplete, causing it to suggest incorrect email addresses.
Opening Gmail on a different browser
Occasionally, auto-entry isn’t working due to browser issues. If this happens, try switching to another browser.
The solution to this problem is to use a third-party browser such as Opera, which is an easy and quick process to switch from your current browser.
How To Delete Gmail Contacts
Click on the check box that appears next to each contact’s icon in Google Contacts, then choose the ones you wish to delete.
Gmail is ready for use once you’ve installed the browser by clicking the button below.
How To Delete A Gmail Email Address
In addition, you can delete all your data within your Google Account if you don’t want to use specific Google services, like Gmail or YouTube.
If you’re filling out online forms frequently, you can select the auto-fill option.
Auto-fill can be enabled by following these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- To adjust your privacy and security settings, click “Advanced” in the left sidebar.
- You can select which categories you want to autofill (such as passwords, payment methods, and addresses) under AutoFill.
- You can save your work and fill it in later.
Set up Gmail to automatically add contacts to automatically fill in
- Open Gmail.
- You can open the General tab by tapping Settings then selecting Settings again.
- The contact creation process will be auto-completed if you scroll down.
- If you select this option, your other contacts will be autocompleted the next time you message someone new.
- As a result, Gmail will now suggest contacts for auto-complete as soon as you click Save Changes.
Adding contacts to Gmail
- Visit https://contacts.google.com.
- You will then be able to create a contact by clicking on this link.
- Under it, you will see a box in which you can add your contact information.
- As soon as you click Save, your contacts are automatically entered from the address you entered in the To field.
In order for registration and email suggestions to be automatically generated, you must manually add contacts to their contact lists before leaving the “I’ll add contacts myself” option selected.
Open Gmail in incognito mode from Chrome
Incognito mode was reported to fix the autocomplete issue by some Chrome users.
If you would like to create an incognito window, click Configure Google Chrome. You will then have to select the option New incognito window.
- Press enter after typing chrome://settings/.
- Scroll down to the Advanced settings tab.
- Choose Restore Defaults from the list again. When you have confirmed the changes, click Reset Settings.
Deleting Gmail accounts on Apple devices
If autocompletion is not working on your iPad or iPhone, you may have to delete your Gmail accounts.
The process is the same whether you are using iPad version 10.3 or earlier. Just click Settings – Mail and then choose Delete account.
Several users claim these solutions work for their Gmail autocompletion. However, Gmail autocompletion has been plagued with bugs in the past.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Autofill does not solve the problem, clear the navigation data by pressing Shift, Ctrl, and Del at the same time. Confirm and press "Delete Data." Log out of your Google account and close the browser. Restart the device you are using and log in to your account.
- On your computer, go to the Gmail settings.
- Under "Create contacts for auto-capture," select an option.
- Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.
You've probably turned off this setting so that Gmail can't add anyone to your contacts. When you enter an address into the "To," "With," or "Bcc" field of the message you're creating, Gmail suggests addresses from your contact list. If Gmail doesn't suggest the address you want, just keep typing.
- Under "Autocomplete", click the button next to "Save form-data" in the "on" position.
- Once you fill out the form, this information will be saved the next time you enter your address or log in to your account.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.