YouTube is the most popular video-sharing platform. However, interaction on the site is mostly limited to commenting on videos. Imagine if that little privilege is violated, too, and your comment is not posted on YouTube. If you’re having this problem, read this article by Techquack to find a solution.
This problem can have many causes, including ad blockers, spam detection, browser issues, server issues, etc. Usually, there is a comment box and you can enter a comment, but it goes around for a while and then you get the error message “Comment failed to post”. In another case, the comment disappears when you try to edit it.
What causes the “Comment failed to post” error on YouTube?
You may not be able to comment on YouTube videos due to interference from your adblocker or VPN. In addition, an automatically generated YouTube username may prevent you from commenting on YouTube videos.
The affected user will receive an error message with a small ring icon when trying to post a comment/response to a comment on a YouTube video. In some cases, the user gets an error when trying to edit a published comment/response and the published comment disappears. Some users don’t see the comment after refreshing the page. This problem is platform-independent, meaning it can occur on Windows, Mac, or mobile devices.
In some rare cases, this error occurs only on one channel (when they can post normally on other channels). Some of the affected users could comment on live broadcasts, but not videos.
The error we discuss may occur (especially in the mobile app) if you use a VPN client/extension to access YouTube, as sites such as YouTube or Netflix do not recommend their use.
Cookies are used by websites to store information about client-server interactions. A corrupted cookie can cause many problems. The problem you are experiencing may also be caused by a temporary problem or a corrupted cookie from the site.
If the problem occurs on a mobile device, it’s most likely caused by an improper installation of the YouTube app.
How to solve the “comment failed to post” problem on YouTube
Clear the cache
- Click the browser menu again.
- Go to history.
- Then select Clear browsing data.
- Select the time range, then click Clear Data.
- Check to see if the youtube error has been fixed and if you can leave comments on YouTube.
Turn off your extensions
- Click on your browser’s menu.
- Select Extensions/Add-ons. Or click More Tools, then Extensions (depending on your browser).
- When the list of extensions becomes visible, deactivate all extensions.
- Refresh your browser and try commenting again.
Use the home page in its original Youtube format
- Click on the icon of your channel.
- Select Settings.
- Then click on Show advanced/extended features.
- Click on the Youtube logo.
- You should now see the home page in its original format.
- Now find the video you want to comment on.
- Click on the video, but don’t open it in a new tab.
- Try adding a comment now to see if the youtube error is resolved.
Confirm that your channel is not intended for children
- Launch YouTube and sign in to your account.
- Go to the YouTube studio.
- Then go to Settings.
- Click on Channel.
- And go to Advanced Settings.
- Find the following option: set this channel as not suitable for children.
- Confirm this information on your channel. Check if the youtube error is fixed or if you can comment now.
Turn off your VPN
If you use a VPN to access geographically restricted content, you can be sure YouTube won’t like it. This could be another reason why you can’t add comments.
Turn off your VPN or any other program you use to hide your real IP address. Check to see if that was the solution to your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may not be able to comment on YouTube videos because of interference from your adblocker or VPN. In addition, your automatically generated YouTube username may prevent you from commenting on YouTube videos. Some users may not see a comment after refreshing the page.
There are many reasons for this, here are some of them. The uploader only selects certain regions to comment on. You are not logged into YouTube with your Gmail account. To check, log in with a different account, use a different device or Co Peter to comment on the same video, ask a friend to try commenting on the same video.
YouTube doesn't put a limit on comments, but if you comment as a visitor, you can comment as much as you want. The answer is obvious: YouTube recognizes this as spam.
- Log into YouTube Studio.
- Select Content from the left-hand menu.
- Click on the video thumbnail.
- Select the Advanced Settings tab.
- Under Comments and Ratings, select the comment settings.
- Select Save.