- Windows Defender is a built-in Windows 10 security tool that protects against malware and spyware.
- Windows Defender protects the system from external threats and actively works as an antivirus.
- If Windows Defender fails to start, your system becomes vulnerable to malware and viruses.
- The best part is that you don’t have to pay anything for it, as it’s a free tool from Microsoft that comes pre-installed in Windows.
Infection of Windows systems, damaged system files, corrupt Windows updates, or registry errors can result in the error 0x800705b4. The error is a hexadecimal data format that appears when the system is infected with malware, viruses, or damaged system files. Also, error 0x800705b4 can occur when Windows Defender is having problems, as it begins to crash due to this error.
Fix Window Defender Error 0x800705b4: Windows Defender is a built-in security tool inside Windows 10 which protects against malware & spyware. Windows Defender does its job to make your system secure from external threats and actively work as an Antivirus program. For this reason, many users don’t use 3rd party Antivirus application and they solely rely on Windows Defender, which seems fine as long as Windows Defender does its job. The best thing about it is that you don’t need to pay for it as it’s freeware tool from Microsoft and it comes pre-installed with Windows.
Hi, today i bought a Win10 key, and couldn’t activate it. Months ago i noticed that my cmd crashed when i launched it, i found out that creating another user account made it work, i found it very weird but didn’t think much of it. Later i noticed that my Windows Defender is completely blank, when i go to windows update & security and go to Windows Security, the page is completely blank. Today i found out when searching Windows Forums for a fix to the key problem that my “WinDef” was hijacked, probably by some malware. I scanned my pc with AdwCleaner and ESET scanner and detected infections. I also plan to do an in-place upgrade repair with my Windows. Big thanks to anyone that helps!
You can also encounter error 0xc1900223 while updating Windows 10 if Pi-Hole or another network’s ad blocker is installed. If that is the case, you can disable or remove Pi-Hole during the update.
There is usually an error when Windows Defender is installed alongside another third-party protection service. The two programs do the same thing, so they end up conflicting. To ensure that Windows Defender works flawlessly in this case, you need to disable or uninstall the third-party antivirus program.
In Windows 10, Windows Defender is a built-in security tool that protects against malware and spyware. It actively works as an anti-virus program against external threats. As a result, many users use Windows Defender as the only antivirus app and do not use third-party software. In addition, it is a free tool that comes pre-installed with Windows, so you do not need to pay anything for it.
If Windows Defender fails to start because of error code 0x800705b4 or 0x80508020, what should you do? Whenever you attempt to start Windows Defender, you receive the following error message: If you fail to start Windows Defender, it leaves your system vulnerable to malware and viruses.
Real-time protection could not be activated by Windows Defender.
A timeout has expired and the operation has been aborted.
This error code is 0x800705b4.
What are the causes of Windows Defender error code0x800705b4?
- A failure occurred during the update of the operating system.
- There are errors or corruptions in the Windows system files.
- A configuration error has occurred for the update service.
- A registry error has occurred.
- Your computer has been infected with a virus or malware.
How to eliminate Window Defender error code 0x800705b4?
- The Control Panel can be found there.
- From the Programs menu, select Uninstall.
- The antivirus program should be located on your computer.
- Select Uninstall from the right-click menu.
- Your computer will then restart.
Launch SFC and DISM command
- Select Run as administrator by right-clicking the command line and choosing Start Windows, typing CMD, and then clicking Start Windows.
- To run sfc /scannow, type or copy the command to the command line and press Enter.
- The operation will be completed once it has been completed.
- To run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, type or copy and paste the following command.
- Windows Update should be run after the process has completed.
Turn on services and firewall
- Select Run as administrator from the Windows Start menu, type Services in the search box, and then right-click.
- Choose Run from the Services window once you have found Windows Defender.
- Firewall should then be activated.
- Enable or disable the Windows Firewall from the Control Panel under System and Security.
- Firewall should be activated.
- After rebooting, make sure everything is working as it should.
Frequently Asked Questions
Error 0x800705b4 is a hexadecimal data format that appears in the Windows system when the system is infected with a virus or malware when Windows system files are corrupted when Windows updates are corrupted or due to registry errors.
- The operating system update failed.
- Windows system files are damaged or corrupted.
- The update service is not configured.
- Registry error.
- Malware or virus attack on your PC.
- Go to the control panel.
- Select Uninstall program.
- Search for your antivirus.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Then restart your computer.
The error 0x800705b4 occurs when the windows updates or windows defender runs into a problem.If the error is due to faulty windows updates, then these methods will help:1. Run SFC Scan by typing “sfc /scannow” in the command line.2. Update Windows OS to Latest Version from the Windows Update settings window.3. Troubleshoot windows update using Windows Update troubleshooter from the Settings app.4. Uninstall Problematic Updates5. Perform System RestoreIf the error is due to Windows Defender, then these methods will help:1. Edit system registry settings.2. Uninstall third-party threat protection software.
There are times when Windows users experience an update error 0x800705b4, regardless of the cause. This error can lead to disastrous results for the system and the data when it occurs. With Stellar Data Recovery software, you can restore data that has been lost as a result of the error by following these steps.
If you encounter this error, you may resolve it by clearing your Xbox cache:
You should uninstall all third-party antivirus software on your computer if you encounter the Windows Update 0x800705b4 error while starting Windows Defender. The following steps can help you identify any such software:
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.