- Microsoft Outlook is often used as an email client by companies and private users.
- A common but annoying error is 0x80004005: Operation failed when sending and receiving.
- You may also receive similar error messages (0x800ccc0d) when sending emails.
- If you are using an anti-virus program with email scanning capability, try temporarily disabling it and scanning Outlook again.
We will start by resolving this error manually.
In addition to businesses and private users using Outlook as an email client, this application frequently encounters errors. One of the most common errors is 0x8004005.
You may receive the following error message when trying to open an e-mail message in Outlook:
A communication error occurred: 0x80004005.
This Message Could Not Be Sent The Client Operation Failed
You may need to contact your network administrator if this message cannot be sent. It is due to a client operation failure. Error code: [0x80004005-0x0004b9-0x000501].
You receive this error if you are trying to extract, delete, or move files and folders. If you’re trying to extract a folder, Windows is not detecting it because of improper permissions, or it’s encrypted with a password. Here are some ways to fix it.
A number of Outlook errors and performance issues may also be caused by incompatible or faulty add-ins. You can run Outlook in safe mode in order to see if an Outlook add-in is responsible for the error code 0x80004005. If the error persists, move on to the next solution. For help solving error code 0x80004005, follow these steps.
Microsoft Outlook can sometimes trigger a false positive alert from antivirus software. Disable Windows Defender. When using Microsoft Outlook with error code 0x80004005, you may be able to fix the problem if you disable notifications and turn off antivirus software. Also, disabling Norton Antivirus may help.
Verify your account as a professional so that your peers can do the same.
It is possible that when sending emails you will receive similar errors (0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0e).
What causes Outlook error 0x80004005?
- Profiles in Outlook that are corrupt
- Viruses and malware
- Program files that have been damaged in Outlook
- The registry is missing or corrupted
- Add-ons for Outlook that are invalid or damaged
- Data file for Outlook PST that has been damaged or corrupted
- Scripts blocked by Norton Antivirus
How to fix Outlook error 0x80004005?
Delete the Outlook profile and re-create it
- Perspectives from a closer distance.
- You may need to change the view to Small icons in order to see the mail item in the Control Panel.
- The Profiles page will appear.
- Click Yes to confirm that you wish to delete the current profile.
- Select Add, and then type in your profile’s name (such as “Outlook”).
- Set up the email account again by using the Add Account Wizard.
- Check to see if you receive the error “Receiving reported error (0x80004005): The operation failed” after adding the account to Outlook.
Disable notification of new e-mail messages in Outlook
- The Options menu can be found in the File menu.
- Uncheck all the boxes under Inbox (on the right side) after selecting Mail on the left side.
- Restart Outlook by clicking OK.
Disable virus protection temporarily
Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus program and rescanning Outlook if you are using one that scans email.
The Exchange Web Service Request Getappmanifests Failed
401 – HTTP response code for the Exchange web service request GetAppManifest.
This error occurs in the games NBA 2K21 and NBA 2K22. The most common cause of this error is outdated files, or that a patch is pending. If you still need to download game files, wait for them to complete before trying to fix it.
The error 0x80004005 can be caused by temporary files in Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11. Follow the steps below to remove temporary files from your Windows operating system.
Microsoft Office single-user licences and multi-user licenses are available via licensing http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-office/multilingual-and-regional/9. Office 19 University Edition .
Frequently Asked Questions
- Uninstall Norton Antivirus.
- Disable the script blocking feature in Norton Antivirus.
- Disable the notification of new emails in MS Outlook.
- Check your system for virus infections.
- Clean up your registry.
- Create a new user account and delete your old account.
Error 0x80004005 results in an unspecified error and usually occurs when a user cannot access shared folders, disks, virtual machines, and Microsoft account changes, and when it fails to install Windows updates.
In general, a corrupted PST file is considered the root cause of most common Outlook error messages. Although Microsoft provides the Inbox Repair tool to repair a PST file, it may not work if the corruption is severe.
The Outlook "Operation Failed" error message that occurs when you add attachments may be caused by conflicting applications such as antivirus software, etc. To check this, you can restart Windows or use safe Windows mode, which may solve the problem. Reboot Windows or start Windows in safe mode with network support.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.