- If you use Facebook, you may have noticed the “Sorry, something went wrong” error message.
- This error message usually appears on the login screen, but it can also occur when you load new tabs after logging in.
- In some cases, this error may be caused by login and other data stored in the Facebook app.
- The data may be incorrect or corrupt, which can prevent the connection from working.
It is becoming increasingly common for Facebook users to experience the Sorry, Something Went Wrong error page, and many people are complaining about it on forums. The Facebook error page Something went wrong is quite normal and quite common. Please don’t fret and here are some steps to follow if it does happen.
If you use Facebook, you may have noticed the “Sorry, something went wrong” error message. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. This error message usually appears on the login screen, but it can also occur when you load new tabs after logging in.
What causes the “Sorry, something went wrong” Facebook login error?
We have provided instructions in our above tutorial on how to fix the Facebook error message “Something went wrong,” by going to the Delete browsing history option under Safety. Please try again later.
Login data: In some cases, this error may be caused by login and other data stored in the Facebook app. The data may be incorrect or corrupt, which can prevent the connection from working.
Cookies: Cookies are stored by browsers to speed up the loading of certain pages and provide a smoother experience. However, sometimes they can become corrupt and prevent the page from loading.
Cache: Sometimes the cache stored by an application or browser can cause this error. Some startup configurations are cached by apps and cell phones to reduce load times and provide smoother usage. However, this cached data can be corrupted, which can cause the error to occur. This data may also prevent you from updating your news feed.
Extensions: If you are using a browser with many extensions or add-ons installed, you may experience problems with Facebook loading some pages. Extensions/extensions can sometimes prevent certain pages from loading.
How to troubleshoot the “Sorry, something went wrong” Facebook login error?
Delete browser cache and cookies
Caches and cookies enable your browser to load previously visited websites faster through the use of temporary information stored locally on your computer.
Sorry Something Went Wrong Facebook
If you’re seeing this fresh, you may want to give them some time and let them do their job to fix problems from their side. If you’re still seeing the message after hours of waiting, then it may be your side which causes the problem. Facebook may have been down for a few minutes but if you’re seeing the same error message continuously it most likely means that the error message is a cache page your phone is showing you. A cache page means a page saved on your phone so the next time you visit the same page it will get it from your phone instead of wasting time and resources to reload the page. In this case, you will want to clear the cache. In Android, you can clear your cache via Setting, App Manager, Facebook (or internet browsers such as Chrome, if you’re logging into facebook using one), then hit “clear cache” and “clear data”. This will remove previously saved caches and data including your login credentials. Restart your phone and open Facebook again. It should work now.
Media files are not uploaded to Facebook because of this accumulation of data, which slows down your browser, instead of helping it.
- Click the History tab on your browser by pressing CTRL + H.
- Once you have clicked Clear browsing data, click on it.
- You must also select “Cached images and files” as well as “Cookies and other site data”.
- Lastly, select “Every hour” from the time range, then click Clear Data.
- Trying using Facebook again after clearing your browser’s data and restarting it should resolve the problem.
Reset your Facebook account settings
- In your browser, go to the Facebook login page.
- You will need to use the login information you have already created.
- Below this page, click on your account.
- Passwords should now be changed.
- You might want to open a new browser window once you have completed this task.
- Visit Facebook.com.
- Your new password will be used to log in.
- “Secure My Account” will give you instructions on how to do so.
- Go to facebook.com from this new page.
- If you are having trouble accessing Facebook, please contact Facebook support.
Disabling Browser Extensions
Browser extensions, such as a video enhancer, may interfere with Facebook’s functionality. Please disable them if you use them.
- You can access settings in your browser by clicking on the settings button.
- You can then open it by clicking the Settings tab.
- On the left side of the browser settings, click Extensions.
- Lastly, make sure that there are no browser extensions related to Facebook installed.
- If you disable browser extensions, you need to restart the browser.
- The error message may still appear if you open Facebook again.
Report the issue on Facebook
If you are having a problem, please report it to Facebook.
It is important that when you report a problem you include important information such as your account information, the browser you are using, and the media you are trying to download.
Third-party programs that provide a pseudo-IP address from their servers to mask your original IP address while you’re online are known as VPNs.
Your IP address changes randomly when you use a VPN, causing your connection to be unstable and your connection to the website to be unreliable. If you are having problems connecting to Facebook try disabling your VPN.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I get an error message when I try to connect to Facebook?
For example, if you are trying to connect to an application or service through Facebook, the error is due to a lack of authorization. If you get an error message when connecting to the Facebook app itself, it could be a network, app cache, device, etc. problem.
How do I fix the “Sorry, something went wrong” error message on Facebook?
- You can try clearing the cache and temporary data. You can do this in your web browser settings.
- If that doesn't help, it's probably because you're using third-party browser extensions.
- You can also try using a different web browser.
What does it mean when Facebook says, “Sorry, something went wrong”?
If you get this error message, there may be a cache issue or a conflict between the Facebook client and recently added browser extensions. Resetting the Facebook app often works wonders.
How do I fix a problem with Facebook?
- Reload the page.
- Log back into your account.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Turn off your VPN.
- Turn off browser extensions.
- Check and reload your Internet.
- Try using a different browser.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.