The error code 0x80240034 is commonly associated with Windows 10 update issues. Specifically, this error code prevents the entire updating process on the OS. Microsoft has since released a fix this, but a few people are still reporting this error to be unresolved. Not to worry, let us help you out with it!
If you have another error code, try searching here for another, specific resolution.
Please note that this error is not limited to earlier Windows versions, but is also appearing in 1803, 1809, and 1903.
To resolve the error code, 0x80240034, a few users have been using the following list of instructions to resolve their issues.
1) Reset the Windows Update Service.
- To reset the Windows Update Service, simply open the ‘Services’ as an administrator. You can do this by typing ‘Services’ in the search bar and right-click, run as administrator.
- Once in, find ‘Windows Update’. Right-click and stop.
- You can also open a command prompt as an administrator and type ‘net stop wuauserv’ which will also stop this.
- Once stopped, simply right click and start.
- Again, if you’re using a command prompt type ‘net start wuauserv’.
- Once restarted, attempt to restart the Windows update. If not, continue onto the next step.
2) Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- To run the troubleshooter, simply press ‘Windows Key + I’ to open the Settings app, then go to ‘Update and Security’.
- Once in Update and Security, on the left, you should see a ‘Troubleshoot’. Click on that and select Windows Update.
- Once run, follow the steps within the troubleshooter to see if any problems can be resolved through that.
If neither of these work for the error code 0x80240034, you may want to take a look at our full update fault fixer! You can find it here, and it includes several different troubleshooting steps that fix more general update problems. Let us know if this helped you!